Service center management is responsible for maintaining complete documentation of financial records, rate calculations, and supporting documents pertinent to service and recharge center activities. All service center activities must be documented, and the records maintained to support expenditures, revenues, billings, and cost transfers. Each service center must retain the following:
- Work papers documenting how the rate(s) was calculated
- Records supporting utilization (level of activity)
- Documents related to expenses incurred, including salary data or all current employees and depreciation schedules for fixed asset
- Records supporting the amount and basis of user billing, including invoices
- Records documenting and measuring the use of the services or products
- Records documenting and supporting the basis of subsidies
- Documentation must be retained for 7 years.