Return to top
INFORMATION FOR FIELD STAFF
- Can I get paid time off to get vaccinated?
RF will permit up to four (4) hours of paid time off per COVID-19 vaccine injection for full and part time employees who are vaccinated during their scheduled work time. While you are not required to get permission to schedule a vaccination during work time, please be sure to notify your supervisor once you have an appointment, when practicable. Record your appointment(s) on your timesheet under the “Other Paid” column and then select “COVID-19 Vaccine” from the drop-down menu options. Provide documentation for the appointment(s) to your RF Payroll Coordinator.
- How will my wages continue if I am unable to come to work for an illness related to COVID-19?
Special COVID-19 Sick Leave: RFCUNY has provided a temporary leave benefit of up to 14 days of paid sick leave to its employees for their own COVID-19 illnesses and to take care of ill family members with a confirmed case of COVID-19. This benefit can be used for a COVID-19 illness, any disabling condition from a COVID-19 illness, and any mandatory or precautionary order of quarantine or isolation. Special COVID-19 Sick Leave is not applicable in cases where an employee is deemed asymptomatic or has not yet been diagnosed with any medical condition and is physically able to work. Sick leave, annual leave, or unscheduled holiday leave may be used in those cases. To apply for COVID-19 Sick Leave, please complete the Confidential COVID-19 Report form and submit supporting medical documentation to LeavesAdministration@rfcuny.org.
- Will I still be paid if I can’t work because of a personal illness or to care for family members?
You may use sick leave and/or Paid Family Leave for this purpose.
Paid Sick Time: RFCUNY provides its employees with significant paid sick time both for their own illnesses and to care for ill family members. Paid sick time should be charged for any illness not attributable to a confirmed case of COVID-19. A description of these benefits is available in RF Policy No. 506-H, Time Off and Leave Benefits.
Paid Family Leave (PFL): RFCUNY employees may use PFL to care for a sick family member whose illness is not attributable to a confirmed case of COVID-19. A description of this benefit is available in RF Policy No. 506-H, Time Off and Leave Benefits.
- Currently, I need a note from a physician if I am out of work for a personal illness for more than 5 days. Will I need a similar note if I am out because of COVID-19 illness?
We will follow established sick leave and disability policies. Therefore, you will need a note from a physician if you are out of work for more than 5 days due to personal illness. If you are unable to get a doctor’s note due to reasons related to COVID-19 and want to return to work, please contact RF Human Resources by email email@example.com.
- I am using sick leave for issues related to COVID-19. How do I complete my timesheet?
If you are ill with a confirmed case of COVID-19, you are caring for an ill family member with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or you are subject to an order of Mandatory Isolation or Precautionary Quarantine, select “Other Paid” on the timesheet and select COVID-19 Sick from the drop-down list.
- Am I required to use my existing sick leave accruals if I have a confirmed case of COVID-19, am caring for an ill family member with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or are in Mandatory Isolation or Precautionary Quarantine due to COVID-19?
No, the up to 14 days of Special COVID-19 Sick Leave is in addition to any sick leave, annual leave or unscheduled holiday leave accruals you may already have.