Workers' Compensation

Workers’ Compensation insurance is a statutory state-regulated employment benefit that offers coverage if an employee becomes injured or ill in the course of their employment. Workers’ compensation provides for any medical care, rehabilitation and lost wages due to an employee’s on-the-job injury or illness.

If an employee is injured at work, a Notice of Injury Form must be completed. The employee’s Notice of Injury Form, any doctor’s notes received for whole days taken related to the injury or illness, and a copy of the employee’s job description must be submitted to the Leaves Management Administrator at RFCUNY.

Once the Notice of Injury Report is reported to the insurance company, an employee will be assigned a Workers’ Compensation claim number. An employee must refer to the claim number when seeking medical attention. No out-of-pocket payment for medical services is required of an employee. An employee will receive a letter from RFCUNY’s Workers’ Compensation carrier with instructions on how to submit claims for any medical services incurred as a result of their injury.

International Voluntary Worker's Compensation Policy Europ Assistance

Chubb Insurance Company, which underwrites both the Research Foundation of CUNY’s domestic and foreign worker’s compensation plans, has partnered with the Europ Assistance USA to provide global medical assistance services for RFCUNY employees traveling on business overseas.  Europ Assistance serves as your initial point of contact for those overseas travelers in need of medical attention and travel information.   Download the International Voluntary Worker’s Compensation Policy – Europ Assistance Form for important details and a copy of the Global Assistance Services Card.

This policy ONLY covers RF employees travelling on business who are actively on the RFCUNY payroll. 

This policy DOES NOT APPLY  to RF employees traveling for non-business reasons, i.e. vacation. 

This policy is also not meant for those CUNY individuals who, although they may be receiving RF funding for the trip, are not nonetheless ineligible for this coverage due to the fact that they are not on the RF payroll.  

CUNY International Travel Guidelines  require CUNY faculty and students to register all international trips and to insure them through the CUNY Foreign Travel Office.  Click on the following link to learn all about it:

For international travel questions, please email the CUNY Study Abroad Office at :

Essential Forms

Disability & Leaves of Absence Forms

Return to top