This position works cross-functionally with the Office of Academic Affairs (OAA) staff to support evaluation, reporting, administrative projects, and to develop technology and data solutions. This position is responsible for designing and developing new functionality for various OAA database applications, as well as integrating other systems and configuring servers, migrating them, and updating various add-ons.
Specific duties include:
- Work with the data management team to review current front-end interfaces and to develop new interfaces and functionality;
- Develop and design new functionality for the OAA database applications to meet program and administrative needs;
- Assess current processes and develop technology solutions to create efficiencies, maximize data integrity, and minimize manual data entry;
- Design, develop, and unit test new features, enhancements, and interfaces for Oracle APEX web applications;
- Maintain applications, including bug fixes, performance enhancements, and runtime production support;
- Serve as the project lead on all tasks related to the database application and implementation of technology tools, provide guidance and feedback on the design and execution of new features;
- Work closely with REPS staff to support all stages of data collection, cleaning, coding, and file conversion into formats that are useful for program management, evaluation, and research;
- Maintain selected data sources and implement regular updates to ensure data quality;
- Assist with coordination and troubleshooting of database and software systems;
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure accuracy, consistency, and relevancy of all information stores across OAA databases;
- Work with staff to create the end user documentation and training materials to be used throughout the life of the database;
- Provide technical and operational assistance to users, troubleshoot and resolve application and database related problems.
Requires bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or related field, and four years of related experience.
Experience must include:
- Four years of data management with a strong background in relational database design;
- Four years of SQL databases (Microsoft Access, Oracle database, Microsoft SQL Server);
- Two years of Tableau Server administration, architecture, installation, migration, and upgrades
- Two years of experience developing web applications with Oracle APEX;
- Two years of experience designing and developing cloud-native, scalable, and highly available distributed systems.
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Office of Research Evaluation & Program
$100,500.00 - $100,500.00
Jul 28, 2023 (Or Until Filled)