Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Children need to spend their most critical years with dedicated, educated, trained, and well-compensated individuals in order to thrive. The New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute leads the work to establish and implement an early childhood workforce system to ensure funding, standards and competencies, career development resources, qualifications and credentials, professional development (training and strengths-based coaching), and program quality assurance and improvement for individuals who work with young children throughout New York. Housed at the City University of New York, the Institute is a fast-paced, dynamic public/private partnership that is committed to the early childhood workforce across New York State.
QUALITYstarsNY is New York State’s voluntary 5-Star early childhood quality rating and improvement system. Since its inception, QUALITYstarsNY has focused its evidence-based practices to ensure that young children in participating programs have access to excellence and families can trust the level of quality in the program they choose. Assessment, coaching, professional development, and a wide range of resources are made available to each site, enabling QUALITYstarsNY to support early childhood programs to earn higher star ratings.
The Data Systems Coordinator reports directly to the Data Systems and Rating Manager and is responsible for providing key support for the implementation of the QUALITYstarsNY, New York State’s quality rating and improvement system. The Data Systems Coordinator supports the work of the rating team, manages the internal ticketing communications system, and monitors systems for consistency. The Data Systems Coordinator should be detail oriented and have interpersonal skills that will help support internal and external stakeholders use of our data system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Database Management & Monitoring
- Supports the Data Systems and Rating Manager to manage QUALITYstarsNY’s database and other software systems
- Supports the Data Systems and Rating Manager with data analysis to inform project planning and reporting
- Identify gaps and opportunities within the workflow process to ensure efficiency of the data system, data reports, and overall progress towards meeting project goals
- Responsible for managing Zendesk internal ticketing system to assist internal and external stakeholder communication
- Coordinates communication with The Aspire Registry on collaborative tickets to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Develops and maintain tracking system for ticket response time and to measure effectiveness of response service
- Provides relevant reports to monitor effectiveness of ratings and rating system and work collaboratively with Rating Specialist to ensure effectiveness of inter-rater reliability process
Communication & Partnerships
- Supports the Data Systems and Rating Manager to respond to the project data reporting needs for staff, funders, and project stakeholders, according to an annual schedule, as well as on an ad hoc basis
- Works with communication team to create data stories for social media accounts
- Supports the Data Systems and Rating Manager to present analyzed data to internal project staff
- Uses communication platforms efficiently for ongoing interactions including follow up as needed
- Provides training to internal Zendesk users to onboard new hires and/or to introduce new functionality or procedures
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required (education or information systems-related field) with 2-3 years experience OR
- Associates degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience using various software programs to support projects
- Experience working with databases, ease and familiarity with pivot tables and data manipulation in MSExcel
- Experience in data analysis and presentation skills
- Evidence of clear written, visual, and oral communications skills with diverse audiences
- Ability to prioritize, focus and achieve results in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment and adapt to changing situations and priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building high-functioning teams
- Familiarity with early childhood systems
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable with competing and shifting priorities
- Familiarity with Zendesk or other communications ticketing software
- This position operates in a professional office environment located in Brooklyn, NY, and is currently hybrid, working 70% in the office. Laptop may be provided if needed to support working remotely.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as desktop computers, laptops, tablets, smart phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other presentation equipment. While performing these duties, the employee is required to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting items (up to 20 pounds), bending, reaching, and sitting for prolonged periods of time. Reasonable accommodations will be made for employees with disabilities or other needs per RFCUNY policies.
- Ability to travel to other CUNY sites and QUALITYstarsNY locations as needed.
- As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine (example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
How to Apply
Provide a resume and cover letter specifying your qualifications, experience, and interest relevant to this position.
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people of all race, color, religion, gender, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disabilities, age, or protected veteran status to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. The Research Foundation of the City University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Americans with disabilities act/E-Verify employer.
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
$65,000.00 - $72,000.00
Aug 14, 2023 (Or Until Filled)