Through its partnership with the City of New York, CUNY’s Building Performance Laboratory is hiring qualified energy management professionals to serve as on-site consultants and fill critical staffing capacity needs at the Department of Citywide Administrative Services’ Division of Energy Management (“DEM”). For background, DEM serves as the hub for energy management for City government operations. DEM develops the City’s annual utility energy budget; manages the City’s electricity, natural gas, and steam accounts; helps agency partners identify and pursue energy-saving opportunities; does energy efficiency and clean power generation projects across the City’s portfolio; and implements operations and maintenance best practices. Specifically, DEM is tasked with leading the City’s efforts to reduce emissions from City government operations 40 percent by 2025, 50 percent by 2030, and 80 percent by 2050 from baseline.
For this specific role, on behalf of DEM, CUNY BPL seeks to hire an Application Developer to substantially contribute to the development, design, and delivery of various applications for DEM’s work.
The person’s responsibilities are expected to include the following:
- Develop and maintain various web applications using the Agile methodology
- Automate development and deployment processes
- Conduct requirements gathering and quality assurance testing to be part of the SDLC of the application
- Scale application and performance to meet business requirements and service level agreements
- Write unit tests and identify bugs and performance issues
- Perform user support and application maintenance
- Help research new technologies and architect applications
- Maintain security standards
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills and experience to this position:
- 5+ years of experience developing Microsoft ASP.NET applications using MVC 5 or higher
- 4+ years of experience developing WebAPI applications.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in architecting and developing Vue, Angular or React applications
- 5+ years of experience with HTML5, Bootstrap, CSS3
- 4+ years of experience with Microsoft Entity Framework, Entity Framework Core & LINQ
- 2+ years of experience with .Net Core
- 4+ years of strong SQL database development and performance tuning experience
- Experience in SQL Server latest versions and ETL
- Experience in design and implementation of user interfaces
- Experience in server and application troubleshooting
- Experience in designing and developing robust database driven applications with advanced reporting functionalities.
- Experience with Vue.JS
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with using GIT as a source control tool as well as familiarity with Azure DevOps
- NYC residency may be required for continued employment.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available under this program.
- Must be vaccinated.
- Must be prepared to be on-site.
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
DCAS, Division of Energy Management
$120,000.00 - $140,000.00
Sep 21, 2023 (Or Until Filled)