Through its partnership with the City of New York, CUNY’s Building Performance Laboratory is hiring qualified energy management professionals to serve as on-site consultants and fill critical staffing capacity needs at the Department of Citywide Administrative Services’ (“DCAS”) Division of Energy Management (“DEM”). For background, DEM serves as the hub for energy management for City government operations. DEM develops the City’s annual Heat, Light, and Power Budget; manages the City’s electricity, natural gas, and steam accounts; helps agency partners identify and pursue energy-saving opportunities; does energy efficiency and clean power generation projects across the City’s portfolio; and implements operations and maintenance best practices. Specifically, DEM is tasked with leading the City’s efforts to reduce emissions from City government operations 40 percent by 2025, 50 percent by 2030, and 80 percent by 2050 from baseline.
For this specific role, on behalf of DEM, CUNY BPL seeks to hire an Analyst, Clean Energy to support implementation of clean energy projects. The Analyst, Clean Energy will help advance the critical initiative of expanding clean energy resources across the City’s portfolio.
Under this assignment, the person’s responsibilities may include the following:
- Supporting the biennial Local Law 24 data analysis and report development process for assessing City buildings for solar readiness.
- Performing program-level analysis to evaluate program performance and evaluate project delivery outcomes.
- Working with the Clean Energy team Program Manager, report on programmatic KPI’s as needed.
- Synthesize, evaluate, troubleshoot, and automate large data sets including but not limited to:
- Information on City property
- Tracking and updating project and program progress via Excel and Salesforce
- Calculating greenhouse gas emissions reduction, cost, and energy savings of potential projects
- Close coordination with project teams including internal DEM stakeholders and agency partners
- Perform assessments to determine high level feasibility of site conditions for Solar PV and other Clean Energy project development and implementation.
- Solar PV system modeling using web-based, professional grade modeling software.
- Improving and enhancing DEM’s reporting capabilities and responding to information and analytical requests from a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Conducting research on a broad variety of topics related to sustainability as needed for advancement and reporting on Clean Energy topics.
- High proficiency in communicating in written and verbal form, complex, highly technical topics to non-technical audiences.
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills and experience to this position:
- A bachelor’s and ideally master’s degree in an appropriate field of study including electrical, mechanical, facilities, or environmental engineering or physical, environmental, or social sciences.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the design, construction and project management of energy efficiency or clean energy projects in diverse buildings that vary in age, size, and use.
- Strong understanding of distributed energy/generation technology
- Familiarity with energy usage, energy cost savings, and avoided greenhouse gas emissions calculation methodologies
- Strong and written and verbal communication skills. Technical report writing and editing, conducting meetings with various stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Specifically, with large data sets.
- High level of productivity: able to meet and even exceed deadlines and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a highly technical and fast paced environment
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM or equivalent. (Microsoft Dynamics, Primavera, etc.)
- Experience working with or for public sector organizations a plus
- NYC residency may be required for continued employment.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available under this program.
- Must be vaccinated.
- Must be prepared to be on-site.
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
DCAS, Division of Energy Management
$75,504.00 - $86,830.00
Jul 03, 2022 (Or Until Filled)