Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Through its partnership with the City of New York, CUNY’s Building Performance Laboratory is hiring qualified energy management professionals to serve as on-site consultants and fill critical staffing capacity needs at the Department of Citywide Administrative Services’ (“DCAS”) Division of Energy Management (“DEM”). For background, DEM serves as the hub for energy management for City government operations. DEM develops the City’s annual Heat, Light, and Power Budget; manages the City’s electricity, natural gas, and steam accounts; helps agency partners identify and pursue energy-saving opportunities; does energy efficiency and clean power generation projects across the City’s portfolio; and implements operations and maintenance best practices. Specifically, DEM is tasked with leading the City’s efforts to reduce emissions from City government operations 40 percent by 2025, 50 percent by 2030, and 80 percent by 2050 from baseline.
For this specific role, on behalf of DEM, CUNY BPL seeks to hire a Deputy Chief of Staff to help reduce emissions and energy consumption across the City by working closely with the Operations Unit under the direction of the Assistant Commissioner of Operations.
The person in this role will be responsible for serving as a key touchpoint within the unit for internal and external stakeholders, driving performance tracking and reporting efforts, and establishing and advancing critical priorities across the unit. This position is ideal for an extremely organized, strategic thinker who is committed to efficiency and positive cultural change.
Under this assignment, the person’s responsibilities may include the following:
- Manage responses to external requests on behalf of the Operations Unit as well as serve as the central point of contact in fielding requests from other units within DEM and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Support program data consolidation, program performance analysis and findings to inform management and respond to reporting requests. Closely partner with the Business Systems Team to ensure effective data tracking and consistent reporting.
- Provide ongoing support for the Assistant Commissioner, including resolution of external requests, performance tracking, strategic development, and ensure consistent and clear unit communications regarding priorities, key events, and opportunities for rebalancing work.
- Manage priority and special projects for Assistant Commissioner as assigned.
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills and experience to this position:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and five years of satisfactory, full-time paid experience requiring general knowledge of construction and construction costs, electronic data processing equipment, telephone communications systems, building standards and leasing procedures, in the evaluation and layout of space in office buildings, garages and other structures used for commercial and industrial purposes, at least two years of which have been of a supervisory nature; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its education equivalent, which includes a U.S. Armed Forces G.E.D. certificate with a score of at least 35 on each of the five tests and an overall score of at least 225 in the examination for the diploma or certificate, and nine years of satisfactory, full-time paid experience as described above, at least two years of which have been of a supervisory nature, or
- A satisfactory combination of education and/or experience equivalent to either of the points above; however, all candidates must have a four-year high school diploma or its education equivalent and at least two years of supervisory experience.
- NYC residency may be required for continued employment.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available.
CUNY Building Performance Lab
$84,468.00 - $97,138.00
Jun 09, 2022 (Or Until Filled)