NYC Human Resources Administration, FIA
$50,700.00 - $50,700.00
Aug 08, 2018 (Or Until Filled)
The New York City Human Resources Administration (HRA) provides temporary support to individuals and families with social service and economic needs to assist them in reaching self-sufficiency via essential and diverse programs/services that include temporary cash assistance, public health insurance, supplemental nutritional assistance, child care, adult protective services, domestic violence assistance, HIV/AIDS support services and child support enforcement. A division within the HRA's Family Independence Administration (FIA), Career Services programs engages employers and partners to provide access to education, training and employment opportunities for HRA clients, increasing their ability to navigate the job market and obtain meaningful work.
Through an HRA grant funded position with the Research Foundation of the City University of New York, HRA seeks a Project Coordinator to work with Career Services to establish new and maintain existing employment programs. Working under the direction of the Deputy Commissioner, Employment Services, the Project Coordinator will develop new projects and will provide as needed support of HRA's current programs, including, but not limited to, contracted employment providers, Education Services, and Business Link.
- Provide technical and programmatic support to the office of the Deputy Commissioner for Career Services, as it relates to the successful execution of tasks and activities, including scheduling of meetings; attending meetings on behalf of the Deputy Commissioner, taking notes and advising of next steps; representing the office in internal and external meetings as requested.
- Conduct literature reviews and interviews with relevant stakeholders to determine the evidence base to support proposed and existing programs, preparing written summaries that inform the design of programs
- Collect and analyze data on existing programs so as to recommend how best to fit new programs within existing programs and monitoring performance of Career Services’ programs
- Develop proposals for and frame evaluations of new programs as well as existing programs that they are consistent with TANF and other relevant policies governing partner agencies
- Support the implementation and ongoing operations of Career Services programs, including collecting data, advising and supporting staff, interacting with FIA and other divisions of HRA so as to assure their smooth operations of employment programs
- Develop and maintain constructive communications within the agency through engagement of internal (i.e., divisions of HRA) and external partners (including but not limited to public agencies, workforce development providers, and advocacy groups) to help facilitate the implementation of employment service programs
- Make recommendations for the revision and amendment of Career Services program strategies;
- Prepare written summaries of promising practices, evidence-based strategies and policy and regulations;
- Be conversant with HRA processes and systems so as to contribute ideas for increasing efficiency of operations and improvement of services to clients.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- At least two years of satisfactory full time, post-college or university professional experience in workforce development, economic development, or a directly related field
- Strong writer
- Excellent time management, including an ability to independently recognize and prioritize tasks and activities
- Task oriented and solutions focused team player who is comfortable working with large and small groups
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks