CUNY - PDI
Feb 01, 2018 (Or Until Filled)
The New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute is a fast-paced, dynamic public/private partnership that exists to drive the excellence of services designed for young children through research, policy, and practice. The Institute is the implementing agency for New York Works for Children, New York State’s integrated professional development system for the early childhood and school age workforce.
The Institute is looking to hire multiple Registry Support Specialists to work 10-19 hours/week in afternoons/evenings and possibly on weekends, depending upon availability. Once determined, the position will have a set schedule.
The Registry Support Specialist is responsible for providing key support to maintain daily operations of The Aspire Registry, New York’s workforce registry for early childhood and school age professionals. The Aspire Registry is a web-based system that helps early childhood providers track and plan their ongoing professional development and education. The Registry Support Specialist will report to The Aspire Registry Administrator and work in a collaborative environment with a diverse team of professionals.
- Provide customer support to Aspire Registry members by e-mail, phone and in person
- Review documentation from registry members and verify information in the database and/or document management system
- Classify coursework from college transcripts and assign related information from training certificates
- Enter and verify data with attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned by the Registry Administrator or Registry Associates
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in early childhood education, or related field preferred
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong data entry skills, both speed and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and complex work environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required (knowledge of additional programs a plus)
- Strong written and oral communication skills required. Must possess customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally assist registry members
- Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders including registry members, colleagues, and external partners
Salary: $20-$22/hour, depending on experience
Please submit your cover letter (including your availability, hours per day and days per week) and resume via the Research Foundation website.
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT EMPLOYER