Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Category: Managerial and Professional
Location: College of Staten Island
Department: Division of Economic Development, Continuing Studies, and Government Relations
Status: Full Time
Grounded in the Liberal Arts tradition, the College of Staten Island is committed to the highest standards in teaching, research, and scholarship. Drawing on the rich heritage of The City University of New York that has provided access to excellence in higher education since 1847, the College of Staten Island offers that same opportunity in New York City’s Borough of Staten Island. The College is dedicated to helping its students fulfill their creative, aesthetic, and educational aspirations through competitive and rigorous undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs. We embrace the strength of our diversity, foster civic mindedness, and nurture responsible citizens for our city, country, and the world.
The Division of Economic Development, Continuing Studies, and Government Relations advances the College of Staten Island's position as a trusted community leader, partner, and valued resource by promoting civic prosperity through the realization of individual, community, regional, and global economic and social potential. The mission of the Division, consistent with the College's Strategic Plan, is to support and enhance economic growth and sustainability through higher education opportunity, human capital and talent development, applied research and innovation, entrepreneurship and business cultivation, and stewardship of place. The Division also generates needed resources to support and advance the College's overall Mission, Vision, and Values.
The Marketing Manager will primarily oversee 2 main areas: The CSI Tech Incubator and the Office of Workforce Development and Innovation but will have responsibilities with the marketing initiatives for the division.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing Manager oversees marketing for a portfolio of special programs. The Marketing Manager partners closely with other leaders and teams to build and execute multi-channel campaigns that reinforce divisional goals and raise visibility of institutional priorities among prospective and current students, staff, and faculty, thought leaders, and general community. This individual will use data, innovation, and storytelling, as key components to developing strong, results oriented campaigns and strategies, that grow our active user base, building a more robust and strong community in support of CSI and the division as a whole.
The Marketing Manager serves as a key player in understanding the division’s key audiences and developing tactical campaigns across social, owned, earned, and paid media. Responsibilities include performing marketing research, creating marketing and promotional material for websites, social media, blog posts, press releases, and other related platforms for both private and public utilization. It will also involve writing and editing, creating presentations, developing and implementing strategic marketing plans to drive prospects to engage with CSI, and to drive student enrollment for the offices within our division. Additionally, this position manages all social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
The ideal candidate will be capable of working with divisional leadership to develop and execute strategies, securing approvals from key stakeholders, performing a wide range of marketing and account management activities to successfully manage multiple competing priorities. We are seeking a proactive, and data minded individual with demonstrated competencies across a spectrum of marketing efforts and integrated channels. The individual chosen for this role will have excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills, be highly motivated by an environment where their impact is felt daily, and be able to effectively communicate with various audiences through both written and spoken avenues.
Job Duties Include:
- Monitor, and measure high potential channels in print, electronic, and online environments to reach the College's target audiences based on research, data, and ongoing test-and-learn analytics.
- Review metrics for campaigns and key channels, update dashboards, combining key insights and recommendations for future projects and initiatives. Report on concluded campaigns, presenting results and findings to key partners to polish and refine work.
- Create and design promotional marketing material and assist with all advertising functions including working with ad agencies in the development of collateral materials.
- Recommend program marketing budget, manage the budget, and share reconciliations.
- Experience with wide range of marketing tactics, particularly digital marketing channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube).
- Work collaboratively to develop and implement strategic social media calendars and campaign plans that advance clear engagement goals, seamless user experiences, and consistent sense of support and connection to our audience.
- Conduct market analyses to gain a greater understanding of the Divisional program area’s market position and make informed decisions to launch programs and geographic locations that effectively support student recruitment and relevant higher education trends.
- Writing, reviewing, editing, and updating content for the CSI Tech Incubator and Workforce Development and Innovation website, blogs, marketing materials, and various platforms.
- Conducting research to learn more about current trends, developments, and perceptions about the subject matter, and then contextualizing your findings to provide recommendations that promote program offerings.
- Use social media to engage audience and maximize user traffic, and to promote CSI Tech Incubator, Workforce Development, and divisional initiatives; Post and update social media contents daily.
- Compile and evaluate performance metrics for advertising campaigns, social media, email, website, and other marketing activities.
- Utilizing growth hacking methods to increase traffic across digital platforms.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of experience delivering substantial results in high volume hiring sourcing/marketing or B2C acquisition marketing, ideally including local marketing programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media and technical competence
- Demonstrated excellence in creative writing and/or story telling with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills.
- Familiarity with higher education, structure, and administration desirable.
- Knowledge of technology incubation programs.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in working in an innovative, technology-based, collaborative
- Must be detail oriented, motivated self-starter, with excellent project management and the ability to think creatively while working both independently and as part of a team.
- Understand tech ecosystem
- Proven track of record of building, managing, and optimizing large-scale multi-channel marketing and sourcing campaign
- Superior analytical abilities, specifically with respect to campaign performance and experiment design and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple responsibilities in high-volume, fast-paced environments, working collaboratively with people at all levels.
- Able to exhibit persistence and initiative, nail details, driving process and managing goals
- Established press and media contacts
- An understanding of SEO best practices.
- Proficiency with videoconferencing tools and cloud storage systems preferred
- Willingness to learn and improve
May 31, 2022 (Or Until Filled)