Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
ABOUT THE TECH TALENT PIPELINE: The NYC Tech Talent Pipeline (TTP), is the City of New York’s tech industry partnership, launched in 2014 by Mayor Bill de Blasio to support the inclusive growth of the NYC tech sector and prepare New Yorkers for 21st century jobs. The NYC TTP works with 385+ companies, 17 local colleges, and additional public and private partners to define employer needs, develop training and education models to meet these needs, and scale solutions throughout the city, delivering quality talent for the city’s businesses and quality jobs for New Yorkers.
Anticipated timeframe Jan 4 th – Feb 1 st , 2021. Approx. 76 hours needed total. Hours are expected to be 19 hours per week @ $22/hr.
- Help students to break down the concepts they learned in class and deliver instruction to address individual student’s skill gaps
- Support students with building group projects in class, and completing individual projects
- Assist students with online tutorials (such as Facebook's tic tac toe React project)
- Review and grade student assignments, including pre/post assessments and capstone projects
- Track student academic performance and engage with students to help them successfully complete their training
- If needed, help with designing assignments and updating curriculum
- Mastery of full stack web (React, Node/Express), Postgres, Sequelize, and mobile technologies
- Mastery of Git and industry GitHub workflows
- Experience teaching or learning in an online environment
- Familiarity with security, Heroku/Surge, and Docker
- Prior experience working as a teaching assistant in CUNY or a Bootcamp
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Economic Development, Continuing Studies
Jan 06, 2021 (Or Until Filled)