ABOUT THE TECH TALENT PIPELINE: The NYC Tech Talent Pipeline (TTP), is the City of New York’s tech industry partnership, launched in 2014 by Mayor Bill de Blasio to support the inclusive growth of the NYC tech sector and prepare New Yorkers for 21st century jobs. The NYC TTP works with 385+ companies, 17 local colleges, and additional public and private partners to define employer needs, develop training and education models to meet these needs, and scale solutions throughout the city, delivering quality talent for the city’s businesses and quality jobs for New Yorkers.
Anticipated timeframe Jan 4 th – Feb 1 st , 2021. Approx. 160 hours needed total. Hours are expected to range between 35-40 hours per week (Full Time temporary position). Total Salary of $8,500.
- Deliver Web-development focused tech skills sessions to address common student skill gaps
- Identify any improvements needed to curriculum/delivery, make timely updates accordingly.
- Support students with building group projects in class, and completing individual projects
- Manage class, teaching assistants and student group assignments
- Deliver final bootcamp report including all pre/post assignments plus individual and capstone projects
- Review and grade student assignments
- Experience in delivering computer science instruction online
- Mastery of full stack web (React, Node/Express), Postgres, Sequelize, Mongo DB, and mobile technologies
- Mastery of Git and industry GitHub workflows
- Experience teaching or learning in an online environment
- Familiarity with security, Heroku/Surge, and Docker
- Prior experience working as a teaching assistant in CUNY or a Bootcamp
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Economic Development, Continuing Studies
$8,500.00 - $8,500.00
Jan 06, 2021 (Or Until Filled)