Grounded in the Liberal Arts tradition, the College of Staten Island is committed to the highest standards in teaching, research, and scholarship. Drawing on the rich heritage of the City University of New York that has provided access to excellence in higher education since 1847, the College of Staten Island offers that same opportunity in New York City’s Borough of Staten Island. The College is dedicated to helping its students fulfill their creative, aesthetic, and educational aspirations through competitive and rigorous undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs. We embrace the strength of our diversity, foster civic mindedness, and nurture responsible citizens for our city, country, and the world.
The Division of Economic Development, Continuing Studies, and Government Relations advances the College of Staten Island’s position as a trusted community leader, partner, and valued resource by promoting civic prosperity through the realization of individual, community, regional, and global economic and social potential.
Reporting to the Director of Workforce Development and Innovation, the Associate Director of Workforce Programs is responsible for managing the daily operations of the College’s Workforce and Professional Programs, which offer critical learning opportunities to individuals seeking employment and credentials to obtain and/or maintain employment.
Responsibilities include management of staff in curricular, job development and operational roles, the execution of large-scale training program and project launches, and ensuring the portfolio of course offerings is relevant to the labor market needs. Additionally, the position involves working with New York City, regional partners, the college, and the university.
- Provides direct oversight of workforce coordinator, curriculum development and job development staff members, ensuring their projects and daily tasks align to the department’s strategic vision.
- Works directly with Workforce Coordinator in ensuring daily operations of all programs, including addressing and/or escalating administrative and instructional staff and student performance in compliance with CUNY policy.
- Works directly with the Workforce Coordinator to develop, document and implement all departmental procedures.
- Works directly with job development staff to connect job development tasks to departmental goals.
- Works with job development staff to build and maintain relationships with local employers in order to support student job attainment.
- Works with Director to ensure that job development functional growth aligns with departmental goals.
- Works with curriculum development staff to build a program curriculum library and to assess quality of existing program content.
- Oversees the development of new program content, working with Director to ensure that new curriculum development supports departmental goals.
- Ultimately responsible for launching, multiple large-scale events annually, including, but not limited to spring and fall Information Sessions, workshops supporting special student populations, job fairs, completion and graduation events, etc.
- Represents Workforce Development and Innovation at meetings and special events within the College, across CUNY and with external partners, including but not limited to exchanges with employers, academic departments, community based organizations, funders and credentialing bodies.
- Engages in active assessment practices, analyzing student demographics, feedback and outcomes, instructor feedback and labor market reports, and makes strategic recommendations to Director and senior management based on data.
- Provides leadership for the Workforce Development Committee.
- Collaborates with Director and marketing staff to ensure effective Workforce Development marketing campaigns, particularly in new program launches.
- Supports Director, Executive Director and Associate Director of Finance and Administration in submitting proposals and reports tied to grant funding.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least four years managing staff
- Instructional, job placement assistance and curriculum development experience
- Project management experience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Supervisory experience in a training unit
- Experience launching new training programs, including budgets
- Grant writing
Workforce Development and Innovation
$70,000.00 - $80,000.00
May 21, 2020 (Or Until Filled)