- Planning, implementing and supervising developmentally appropriate class activities in accordance with the policies, curriculum and philosophy of the Center.
- Preparing a warm and safe learning environment that is orderly, clean, safe and appealing to children.
- Supervision of Assistant Teachers to include training, evaluation, curriculum planning, parent communication and basic housekeeping responsibilities.
- Assisting the Educational Director in determining the classroom assignment of individual children.
- Observation, assessment and documentation of developmental milestones & learning for each child.
- Maintenance of classroom records including attendance and arrival/departure forms.
- Following all Center emergency and accident procedures, including the treatment and documentation of minor injuries in accordance with basic pediatric first aid/CPR training.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication with parents & staff.
- Providing parents with written, formal and informal reports of their child’s progress, through the use of evaluation forms, scheduled parent-teacher conferences and/or informal conversation.
- Assuming an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the Center.
- Timely completion of all NYC DOH mandated trainings.
- Assisting children with toileting as needed.
- Assisting the Educational Director in the supervision of work-study, observation and intern students.
- Participation in all Center-wide activities, including those that may require occasional evening hours.
- Participation in public relations and fund raising events sponsored by the Center.
- Attendance at staff meetings and other in-person professional development events.
- Maintenance of a professional attitude and loyalty to the Center, using program policies as guidelines in relating to the parents, children and public.
- Special projects as assigned by the Educational and Executive Directors.
Must be NYS Certified/Licensed in Early Childhood Education
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Child Development Center
$40,304.00 - $40,304.00
Jul 31, 2023 (Or Until Filled)