Job Title: Case Manager/Mental Health Professional – Full-Time position
Queensborough Community College College is looking for a dynamic Case Manager to work on their Department of Youth & Community Development Grant-Funded, Train & Earn Program. Candidate must be able to report to the office Full-Time 5-Days a week to support participant’s In-Person and Remote Learning. Will report to and work with the Program Director in support of programmatic outcomes and goals.
Duties Include (But are Not Limited to):
- Administer one-on-one assessment and intake interviews for each new participant on case load, assessing participant’s education and work history, need for support services, career preferences and barriers to meeting education outcome.
- Support a case load of up to 45 students throughout the year.
- Develop an Individual Educational/Career Plan for each participant.
- Ensure that participant’s folders are complete including copies of identification, documents and case notes.
- Support, monitor and follow-up on participant’s attendance in education classes and other related activities.
- Case notes need to be updated weekly/monthly with any status change including: non- compliance with program rules and regulation or dismissal from the program.
- Make appropriate referrals to address barriers: educational (ESOL, ABE, HSE, Spanish HSE), housing, domestic violence, mental health, college readiness, as well as, other outside resources to meet the client needs.
- Administer TABE testing; assist new students’ intake forms and registration.
- Monitor, document and follow up on participant’s attendance in education classes and other related activities.
- Assist Program Director with (and independently) Lead and facilitate small group counseling/workshops as determined by schedule provided by Program Director.
- Organize and occasionally lead mixed level conversation class with ESOL students.
- Ensure ASSIST, CAPRICORN, ETO, WISE (SNAP), HRA and other in-house database systems are updated on a weekly basis and as necessary.
- Assist Program Director with preparing program monthly reports.
- Provide referrals to support services for program candidates & participants.
- Assist Fiscal Coordinator with preparing reports/audits for funders.
- Maintain excellent organizational and time management skills in order to ensure completion of all tasks.
- Timely record keeping and quality assurance for compliance with the requirements of various funding sources.
- Attend monthly case manager trainings/meetings/supervision.
- Perform other tasks (i.e. graduation ceremonies, student recognition, etc.) in support of Train and Earn program as directed by Program Director.
- Participate in program meetings and funder professional development.
- Must be flexible and be available to work some evenings and occasional Saturdays.
- Case Manager will also serve as onsite mental health professional.
This mental health professional shall be:
- a social worker with one of the following credentials: Licensed Clinical Social
Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW);
- a counselor with one of the following credentials: Credentialed Alcoholism and
Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) or Licensed Mental Health
- 3 years related field experience in social service organization preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish, English) preferred.
- Ability to work with culturally-diverse individuals, bringing a non-judgmental approach to counseling and casework whole maintaining a clear sense of boundaries.
- Public speaking skills preferred.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, writing and computer skills.
- Must be comfortable using data bases and entering case notes into required systems.
- Experience crisis management/ intervention skills preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources and counseling with high risk populations.
- Ability to motivate others towards achieving goals.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team with an equal amount of focus and enthusiasm.
- Strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving both clients and fellow employees.
- Ability to Work in Person in the Office 5 days a week. Also availability to work 2 evenings a week and occasional Saturday as needed.
- Skilled at remote learning with experience using online platforms for virtual support.
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Office of Continuing Education & Workfor
$50,000.00 - $55,000.00
Jul 15, 2023 (Or Until Filled)