As New York’s leader in online education since 2006, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) offers the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and serves as the University’s only undergraduate all-transfer college. With 24 degrees and numerous other non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to finish a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and advance in the workplace or change careers.
Consistently ranked highly by U.S. News & World Report for its quality online offerings, and noted for its soaring growth and enrollment, CUNY SPS has emerged as a nationwide leader in online education. The School’s renowned and affordable online programs—which offer in-state tuition to all students regardless of where they live—ensure that busy working adults may fulfill their educational goals on their own time and schedule.
Within and created at the same time as CUNY SPS, the Office of Professional Education and Workplace Learning (PEWL) designs custom workplace learning programs to help organizations achieve their goals. We are experts in research-based learning practices, online as well as in-classroom curriculum development and implementation. We are uniquely positioned to respond to organizational learning needs and support change management initiatives swiftly and effectively.
CUNY SPS has partnered with Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) to develop and deliver professional learning opportunities for child welfare and juvenile justice professionals. The collaboration between the two organizations has formed the ACS Workforce Institute (ACSWI).
The ACS Workforce Institute seeks a full-time Equipment Technician to conduct the deployment and ongoing maintenance of Audio/Video and Computer equipment overseen by the program. The Equipment Technician will work with the Learning Operations team reporting to the Program Manager, Learning Administration and must be able to travel to locations within the five boroughs. This role will serve as the primary point of contact for Learning Operations team maintenance requests, inventory audits and functionality demonstrations. Technician may interact with staff at different levels, vendors, and stakeholders and must maintain professionalism and a customer-focused attitude.
- Maintain and repair technological equipment including, but not limited to, laptops, tablets, hotspots, training displays and audio/video systems
- Set up hardware and install software on designated personnel laptops
- Assist with new technology deployment and functionality demonstrations
- Provide technical support and perform regular upgrades/updates on equipment
- Support ongoing AV and simulation technology needs with the team
- Ensure privacy and data protection
- Perform troubleshoot activities and implement security solutions
- Conduct regular inventory audits
- Create and maintain critical records of equipment, repairs and fixes to ensure that a knowledge base of past issues encountered is maintained and used.
- Stay current with the latest technologies and industry trends; and recommend timely solutions and equipment upgrades
- Train and collaborate with other team members
- Liaise with other IT teams as needed
- Other administrative duties as necessary
- BA in IT, Computer Science or similar relevant field/experience
- In-depth knowledge of computer and IT systems, internet security and data privacy
- Previous working experience as a computer technician for at least 2 years
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills and good time-management skills
- Must be willing and able to travel to various training sites in-person across the City
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs without assistance
- Must be available at varying times within operational hours
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; customer service, help desk experience a plus
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate in terms understandable to end users at all levels.
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Experience with Windows and Mac OS
- Familiarity with audio/visual systems
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
CUNY School of Professional Studies
$55,000.00 - $55,000.00
Dec 31, 2023 (Or Until Filled)