As New York’s leader in online education since 2006, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) offers the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and serves as the University’s only undergraduate all-transfer college. With 24 degrees and numerous other non-degree and grant-funded workplace learning programs, CUNY SPS meets the needs of adults who wish to finish a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and advance in the workplace or change careers.
Consistently ranked highly by U.S. News & World Report for its quality online offerings, and noted for its soaring growth and enrollment, CUNY SPS has emerged as a nationwide leader in online education. The School’s renowned and affordable online programs—which offer in-state tuition to all students regardless of where they live—ensure that busy working adults may fulfill their educational goals on their own time and schedule.
Within CUNY SPS, the Office of Professional Education and Workplace Learning (PEWL) designs custom workplace learning programs to help organizations achieve their goals. To our partnerships, we bring knowledge of research-based learning practices as well as experience in developing innovative programs.
CUNY SPS partners with the NYS Office of Children and Family Services Bureau of Training and Development (OCFS BTD) to support the agency’s design and delivery of online learning programs to state, county and provider organization staff statewide, as well as the management of all training systems development and technology activities, training registration support, and evaluation and reporting activities.
The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for the oversight of all program deliverables and ensuring they meet the expectations of OCFS BTD; assessing agency stakeholder needs and keeping them updated on program progress; managing all contract, budget, procurement and reporting activities; co-supervising two team managers; and recruiting, hiring and onboarding new program staff, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Program Director, the Senior Program Manager will:
- Oversee CUNY SPS’ portfolio of eLearning programs, training systems development and technology activities, and training and registration support initiatives that are provided to the OCFS Bureau of Training and Development.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with Bureau of Training and Development leadership in the ongoing development, management and enhancement of contracted program services.
- Serve as the program liaison between CUNY SPS staff located on-site at OCFS in Rensselaer, Buffalo and the CUNY SPS campus in New York City.
- Facilitate regular communications (online meetings, conference calls, and occasional site visits) between staff at CUNY, the sponsor agency and other program partners.
- Provide direct co-supervision to the eLearning Team manager and the Training Technology and Evaluation Team manager.
- Promote the sharing of best and emerging practices for eLearning among CUNY SPS staff located at the OCFS Human Services Training Center in Rensselaer and their colleagues at CUNY SPS’ Office of Professional Education and Workplace Learning in New York City.
- Develop and monitor the program’s budget, including submitting and tracking all monthly procurement requests and program invoices for payment. Prepare annual contract renewal proposals and budget modifications as needed.
- Manage the development and processing of independent consultant agreements (ICAs) for any consultant services for the program, including providing guidance to consultants in developing scopes of work and budgets, as well as preparing ICA request packages for submission to RFCUNY.
- Provide support to program hiring managers in their recruitment and onboarding activities, including reviewing and posting PVNs, facilitating managers’ access to viewing resumes, participating in final round candidate interviews, and ensuring new hire paperwork and other onboarding requirements are met by hiring managers.
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of completed deliverables, training courses and number of participants. Report on major milestones to the Senior Program Director to ensure that the programs and services are meeting OCFS expectations.
- Provide information and direction to staff on RFCUNY and CUNY SPS HR policies and procedures.
- Manage annual staff performance evaluation process.
- Review and approve biweekly timesheets of all supervisors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of full-time experience directly related to managing the implementation of complex training, staff development and/or workplace learning initiatives.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience managing a multi-million program budget, and submitting program proposals, budget modification requests and reports. Some support provided by RFCUNY’s Grants Office and experience with New York State or federal grants, a plus.
- At least two (2) years of experience collaborating with both program stakeholders and staff to ensure contract objectives are met and deliverables are completed satisfactorily.
- Strong relationship management skills for working effectively with both external and internal partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally and build capacity among colleagues from culturally diverse backgrounds and in different project settings.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment, with the ability to carry out complex assignments and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in technology, including Microsoft Office 365, Word and Excel.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of institutional life.
- Knowledge of eLearning development, government operations, and experience working in the human services and/or child welfare field, a plus.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
This is a full-time hybrid position, requiring in office (on-campus) attendance 7 out of 10 days, or 70% RTO. Our campus is located at: CUNY SPS, 119 West 31st Street, New York, NY 10001.
The Research Foundation of the City of New York & Diversity
As a matter of policy and conviction the Research Foundation of the City University of New York attempts, in all personnel activities, to ensure equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants for employment whatever their race, creed, color, ethnic origin, religion, sex, gender identity, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, age, citizenship or national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, disabilities or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. This applies to recruiting new employees including advertising, interviewing, work assignment, compensation and benefits, selection for training, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, or termination.
Diversity is a core value at the Office of Professional Education and Workplace Learning (PEWL) at the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS). We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all students, staff, and faculty and believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
CUNY School of Professional Studies
$80,000.00 - $85,000.00
Jun 13, 2023 (Or Until Filled)