Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
About the CUNY School of Professional Studies:
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2020 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
Within CUNY SPS, the Office of Professional Education and Workplace Learning (PEWL) designs custom workplace learning programs to help organizations achieve their goals. To our partnerships, we bring knowledge of research-based learning practices as well as experience in developing innovative programs.
CUNY SPS is recruiting for an LMS Administrator who will split their time on two programs sponsored by the Mayor’s Office for Economic Opportunity (NYC Opportunity): the new Academy for Community Behavioral Health, which will provide virtual and in-person instructor led training and supports to upwards of 5,000 learners, including nonprofit providers across New York City, City agency staff, behavioral health providers, union members and others; and Unlocking Employment: How to Partner with Job Seekers Impacted by the Legal System, an e-Learning course offered to workforce development staff across the city who work with job seekers who have had involvement with the criminal legal system.
This position, reporting to the Program Director, is a tactical role focused on effectively managing day-to-day helpdesk, system management, maintenance and reporting needs for these two programs. In addition, the LMS Administrator works to identify common issues and processes to develop standard operating procedures for addressing these efficiently with a high level of customer service. The LMS Administrator will also initially be tasked we the implementation of the LearnUpon LMS for the Academy for Community Behavioral Health, it is already in use for the Unlocking Employment program. This position will also document tactical level processes, procedures, and workflow. This is done in collaboration with the Deputy Director, with input from vendors and consultants as necessary.
Work is both highly independent and highly collaborative. The LMS Administrator is expected to identify innovative solutions to issues as well as identifying new resources that can enhance system performance, reporting, and adoption both independently and in close consultation with the deputy director and the help desk and implementation team. The new hire must be able to work with employees at all levels of the organization, and be able to articulate thoughts clearly and concisely. To perform successfully in this role, the LMS Manager will need to possess strong management skills, troubleshooting abilities, must have solid communication skills, must be able to effectively lead a team of direct reports, and have strong customer service skills. The LMS Manager must be able to identify those issues which require escalation beyond the helpdesk and standard vendor customer support models and work collaboratively with the deputy director to escalate and address them.
*Work Location: CUNY SPS, 119 W. 31st Street, New York. Hybrid remote and in-person; subject to change.*
This position is funded by a city grant program which mandates that all employees are vaccinated against COVID-19
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the initial implementation of the LearnUpon LMS for the Academy for Community Behavioral Health program. This will include setting up course content and learning paths, creating ILT and VILT course registration, importing learner data as necessary & developing a model for learner registration in the LMS, and other tasks as necessitated.
- LearnUpon is already in use for the Unlocking Employment program.
- Coordinate the ongoing operation, maintenance, usage, analysis and administration of the Learning Management System themselves,
- Manage helpdesk requests as necessary. Identify issues which cause the highest volume of helpdesk tickets, or the most challenging and work with the Program Director to identify mitigation techniques for these issues and to escalate them to Vendors or Consultants as necessary.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to the definition, process and procedures of the LMS Tactical Strategy.
- Ensure employee and training data is accurate, identify operational issues and resolve problems whenever possible. Escalating as necessary.
- Create and run scheduled and ad-hoc reports, such as monthly course completion, training evaluation metrics, mandatory training compliance, and training surveys. Identify additional reporting needs as necessary and develop tools to address these needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Use desktop tools to produce documents and presentations, such as PowerPoint.
- Have a willingness to innovate in order to maximize the organization’s investment in the LMS.
- Collaborate with the Program Director to provide guidance and advice to training coordinators, administrators and trainers as needed.
- Identify and troubleshoot content delivery issues that may arise in published content, such as an incorrectly published SCORM package not reporting the results to an LMS correctly.
- Interface and engage stakeholders at all levels internally and externally, including senior staff (in collaboration with the Program Director) as necessary for meetings, information sessions, and functional training.
- Work with Program Director, Staff, and Agency staff and partners to identify LMS training needs, and develop training for all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Together with Program Director will onboard helpdesk and implementation staff in an efficient manner. Will develop job descriptions and evaluation materials including communications and technical evaluations, and will use these materials to identify and bring in qualified staff.
- Develop training materials, FAQs, and other materials for help desk and implementation staff. Conduct training help desk staff and ensure they are up to date on the latest issues and needs.
- Will co-lead and participate in regular meetings with helpdesk and implementation staff, bringing in additional stakeholders and support assets personnel (Vendors, Consultants) as necessary.
- Will also participate in regular LMS Workgroup meetings.
- May be asked to advise or contribute on other programs LMS and eLearning related projects as necessary and where feasible.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree a plus.
- At least 5 years previous Learning Management System Administration experience.
- At least 3 years prior experience leading and managing direct reports.
- Experience working with LearnUpon LMS preferred.
- Prior experience partnering with team members and other stakeholders to understand business needs related to training delivery and documentation requirements, and consulting on possible solutions based on LMS functionality.
- Experience documenting procedures used in implementation of learning programs within and outside of the LMS environment.
- Experience developing LMS-Compliant content such as SCORM based content.
- Experience identifying and troubleshooting content delivery issues that may arise in published content (eg: incorrectly published SCORM package not reporting results to an LMS correctly).
- Experience maintaining Learning Functional Specification for Virtual Instructor Led Training and On-line course development (Access, Standards, Quiz/Test, Tracking, Branding, Taxonomy (Modules, Units, etc.) and guidelines & recommendations for the use of technology tools and compliance with industry and organizational standards.
- Experience creating and running scheduled and ad-hoc reports, such as monthly course completion reports, training evaluation metrics reports, and training surveys.
- Experience collaborating with a range of stakeholders to design and implement customized reports then generating and distributing them to applicable colleagues.
- Prior experience researching and resolving issues related to the LMS system in compliance with defined procedures and standards.
- Experience maintaining courses through their life cycle, updating and archiving as necessary.
- Prior experience developing or managing system monitoring procedures to ensure employee and training data is accurate.
- Ability to manage priorities to meet assignment deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent team work and collaboration skills.
- Knowledgeable about Adult learning theory and principles.
- Customer service and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving & planning skills.
- Ability to influence decision-makers.
Other details related to this position:
- Weekly Assignment: 35 hours/week (daily schedule 9am-5pm, with some occasional evening hours required).
Office of Professional Education and Wor
$90,000.00 - $100,000.00
Dec 10, 2021 (Or Until Filled)