Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
About the CUNY School of Professional Studies:
CUNY SPS provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers. Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited online degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education.
Within CUNY SPS, the Office of Professional Education and Workplace Learning (PEWL) designs custom workplace learning programs to help organizations achieve their goals. To our partnerships, we bring knowledge of research-based learning practices as well as experience in developing innovative programs.
CUNY SPS PEWL seeks an experienced, detail-oriented learning and development professional to join our team in the role of Senior Program Manager. This role will be an integral part of our new partnership with the NYC Department of Homeless Services (DHS) to develop and manage a large-scale learning program for DHS shelter staff and mental health clinicians, who are responsible for implementing behavioral health, trauma-informed care, employment, and related models of practice in an effort to help individuals to move beyond homelessness.
The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for managing the design, development, delivery and administration of both online module and blended learning programs (to include instructor-led training and online learning components) for both DHS staff, as well as nonprofit shelter provider organization staff. The new hire will join a team of CUNY SPS colleagues who work on-site at DHS in Lower Manhattan.
Reporting to the Program Director, DHS Models of Practice, the Senior Program Manager will:
- Manage stakeholder relationships, including the agency client and partner organizations, to confirm learning priorities and ensure learning programs align with agency objectives.
- Oversee the design and development of new training initiatives targeted to specific audiences, including a series of foundational trainings in addition to more specific models of practice trainings for different shelter types.
- Ensure learning programs are instructionally sound and adhere to best practices for adult learners.
- Participate in regular communications (meetings, conference calls, site visits, etc.) between staff at CUNY SPS, DHS and other program partners.
- Manage vendor relationships with instructional design firms contracted to develop the learning programs.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, supervise and evaluate a team of SME instructors and a Program Coordinator.
- Lead the development of logistical plans for the roll-out of courses, including marketing and registration processes and timelines; classroom/auditorium reservations and supplies deliveries; and use of the Learning Management System to support course registration and delivery.
- Oversee all training reports requested by program stakeholders.
Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of four (4) years, full-time experience directly related to management of training programs.
- A minimum of two (2) - three (3) years of experience managing staff.
- Demonstrated ability to project manage effectively, as well as work with instructional design vendors and lead a team of instructors to provide excellent service and high-quality results.
- Strong relationship management skills for working effectively with both external and internal partners and stakeholders.
- Experience managing the development and seamless implementation of blended learning solutions, as well as knowledge of industry practices related to adult learning.
- Ability to engage in innovative and creative problem-solving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally and build capacity among colleagues from culturally diverse backgrounds and in different project settings.
- Strong attention to detail needed to review and produce clear and concise materials.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment, with the ability to carry out complex assignments and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project), as well as experience utilizing a Learning Management System and Project Management Software.
- Knowledge of governmental operations, human services, and /or homelessness programs, a plus.
Office of Professional Education and Wor
$80,000.00 - $90,000.00
Jun 03, 2020 (Or Until Filled)