CUNY School of Professional Studies
$60,000.00 - $75,000.00
Aug 16, 2018 (Or Until Filled)
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2018 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
CUNY SPS is recruiting for the role of Senior Program Manager, Learning Operations to support the ACS Workforce Institute (ACS WI). Formed in 2015, ACS WI is a partnership between NYC Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) and CUNY-SPS tasked with providing ongoing professional development for the city’s child welfare and juvenile justice professionals. Since its launch in March 2016, ACS WI has delivered its 18 custom designed and evidence based learning programs to over 9,500 learners in state of the art classrooms in the 5 boroughs. The Learning Operations team’s goal is to create the optimal learning environment and experience for all participants. The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for supporting, coordinating and managing activities in the five ACS WI classrooms, including managing a team of five field staff.
The new hire will join a team of CUNY SPS colleagues, and will work on site at ACS offices in lower Manhattan.
35 hours/week (daily schedule 9am-5pm, with some occasional evening hours required).
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Learning Operations, the Senior Program Manager will:
- Supervise and coach a field staff (Program Aides) of five individuals who are responsible for supporting the onsite delivery team of ACS WI facilitators and welcoming and registering the learners
- Foster a professional customer service environment which personifies “Keeping the Learner at the Center”
- Create and manage field schedules to support learning programs
- Build and maintain partnerships with individual ACS contacts at each classroom site to ensure seamless class execution
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure that classes are delivered seamlessly and proactively report feedback from learners and facilitators
- Provide exceptional customer service to all stakeholders
- Attend to other projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Prior experience managing a team of entry level, customer service professionals, preferred
- Prior experience in learning and development, professional education and/or conference planning, preferred
- Significant experience in a customer service oriented culture
- High comfort level working with various forms of technology, including laptops and cloud based software; preferably with a learning management system (LMS)
- Willingness to travel off-site to meet with and coach staff (20%)
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships, including clients and partner organizations.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to follow established processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment, with the ability to carry out complex assignments and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.) and high level of comfort working with technology such as an LMS and project management software
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Americans with Disabilities Act/Protected Veterans Status/E-Verify Employer.