LaGuardia Community College (LAGCC) is seeking a Program Manager for the Medical Billing Training Program funded by the NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) to prepare individuals for careers in the high demand field of Healthcare Finance. The Medical Billing program is a collaborative endeavor between LAGCC and top healthcare providers in NYC.
The Program Manager is responsible for daily operational management and oversight of the Medical Billing Program. The Program Manager uses his or her entrepreneurial mindset to address the day-to-day activities required to run a successful training program. These include but are not limited to contract management, human resource management, and stakeholder and student satisfaction.
- Manage successful project completion including the MOU and Budgeting Process with the funder and LAGCC’s Team as required under the contract.
- Manage budget and monitor expenses on a monthly basis.
- Report and analyze quantitative and qualitative performance data of varying complexity.
- Manage the HR process for program personnel, which includes time and leave, new hires, appointments and related personnel
- Collaborate and communicates effectively/efficiently with other staff to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations
- Actively seek out, engage, and cultivate relationships with new employers in the healthcare finance field.
- Work with existing partners to build employment opportunities for students and alumni.
- Manage curriculum development process from budget to delivery.
- Maintain instructional quality by conducting observations, reviewing student evaluation and monitoring program outcomes.
- Lead marketing and recruitment efforts to drive enrollment.
- Represent at external events and partnerships, strengthening the program profile.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field; Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- Excellent organizational and project manager skills.
- Strong leadership and team-oriented skills.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an adult learning setting.
- Experience with curriculum development and program assessment for adult programs.
- Ability to successfully manage a number of projects simultaneously and deliver projects according to tight deadlines.
- Excellent effective oral, written communication, analytical and technical skills.
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel and Office Software.
- Flexible schedule and some evening hours required.
Career and Professional Programs
Apr 30, 2020 (Or Until Filled)