Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
LaGuardia Community College (LAGCC) is seeking an Instructional Associate for the Medical Billing Training Program funded by the NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) to prepare individuals for careers in the high demand field of Healthcare Finance. The Medical Billing program is a collaborative endeavor between LAGCC and top healthcare providers in NYC. The Instructional Associate provides technical and logistical support to the students, instructors and administration of the Medical Billing Specialist Program at LaGuardia.
• Conduct individual and group pre-admissions and advising sessions as part of the recruitment process.
• Track, analyze and manage large amounts of information and data to support the program.
• Manages program related correspondence.
• Prepare, distribute, and track course and faculty development materials and assignments
• Execute all assessment logistics (i.e. materials, timing, space, etc.) to allow for seamless classroom course flow.
• Provides instructor support.
• Tutor students in Excel
• Provides technical support for students in need of remediation
• Performs other duties as part of a collaborative team
• College Degree
• 3 years related administrative or business experience
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Demonstrated interest in educational programming
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer service
• Ability to multi-task and complete work in required timelines
• Takes initiative to seek alternative approaches and solutions
• Advanced Excel Skills
• Flexible schedule and evening hours required.
Career & Professional Programs
Feb 16, 2020 (Or Until Filled)