LaGuardia Community College (LAGCC) is seeking an Instructional Associate for the Medical Billing Training Program funded by the NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS) to prepare individuals for careers in the high demand field of Healthcare Finance. The Medical Billing program is a collaborative endeavor between LAGCC and top healthcare providers in NYC. The Instructional Associate provides technical and logistical support to the students, instructors and administration of the Medical Billing Specialist Program at LaGuardia.
• Conduct individual and group pre-admissions and advising sessions as part of the recruitment process.
• Track, analyze and manage large amounts of information and data to support the program.
• Manages program related correspondence.
• Prepare, distribute, and track course and faculty development materials and assignments
• Execute all assessment logistics (i.e. materials, timing, space, etc.) to allow for seamless classroom course flow.
• Provides instructor support.
• Tutor students in Excel
• Provides technical support for students in need of remediation
• Performs other duties as part of a collaborative team
• College Degree
• 3 years related administrative or business experience
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Demonstrated interest in educational programming
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer service
• Ability to multi-task and complete work in required timelines
• Takes initiative to seek alternative approaches and solutions
• Advanced Excel Skills
• Flexible schedule and evening hours required.
Career & Professional Programs
Feb 16, 2020 (Or Until Filled)