Adult and Continuing Education
$38,000.00 - $40,000.00
Jan 18, 2017 (Or Until Filled)
LaGuardia Community College’s Adult Basic Skills department in the Division of Adult and Continuing Education is seeking an Administrative Coordinator for its non-credit High School Equivalency (HSE) and Adult Basic Education (ABE) programs. The Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Director of Adult Basic Skills (ABS) and the Executive Director of Adult Community Learning. The Adult Basic Skills department is a grant-funded and tuition-based, non-credit, high school equivalency preparation program that prepares students to earn a High School Equivalency diploma and to achieve their college and career goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate all recruitment and outreach activities targeting non-credit, high school equivalency adult clients.
- Conduct intake and orientation sessions and manage the administration of initial assessments for prospective students.
- Collect and maintain funder-mandated demographics and data on incoming participants.
- Determine appropriate class placement in coordination with departmental staff and faculty.
- Create and maintain class rosters and student attendance information in conjunction with faculty.
- Manage required data entry into databases including SQL and ASISTS; maintain student files.
- Organize and schedule post assessments (e.g.: TABE, TASC Readiness).
- Coordinate TASC test center applications and appointments.
- Maintain current program information and marketing materials for dissemination and websites; respond to staff, student, and applicant inquiries.
- Manage mandated reporting of milestones and performance outcomes to funders and stakeholders.
- Identify students with academic, attendance, behavioral, and/or personal barriers affecting performance and attendance from information supplied by faculty and attendance records to refer for counseling.
- Serve as a liaison with LaGuardia’s Career Development Center for transitioning students completing CUNY applications.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Three (3) years of related experience working in adult education or a non-profit social services field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite software and experience using databases for client tracking; familiarity with New York State Education ASISTS database a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse adult student population, inlcuding English language learners.
- Bilingual language skills a plus, Spanish preferred.
- Familiarity with adult education assessments (e.g.: TABE and TASC) a plus.
- This position requires some evening hours.