The Institute for Justice and Opportunity at John Jay College of Criminal Justice is seeking a full-time Budget Analyst to be responsible for the fiscal administration of the Institute.
The Budget Analyst will work closely with the Director of Finance and Operations to will manage day-to-day financial transactions and assist with financial reporting. She or he must enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven and community oriented. She or he must also have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a balance among multiple priorities. The ideal candidate will have finance and/or accounting experience, will be detailed oriented, have great organizational skills, ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment and must work collaboratively with colleagues and partners on all levels.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE:
John Jay College Institute for Justice and Opportunity (The Institute) opens doors and eliminates barriers to success for people who have been involved in the criminal legal system as a champion of institutional, structural, and personal transformation. The Institute is one of twelve research entities that collectively comprise the Research Consortium of the John Jay College of Criminal Justice. The Institute has a diverse portfolio of projects that focus on identifying what it takes for people to live successfully in the community after justice involvement and on increasing the effectiveness of the professionals and systems working with them. Recognizing the transformational power of education, the Institute focuses much of its work on increasing access to higher education for people with criminal histories. The Institute’s comprehensive and strategic approach includes direct service, research, and technical assistance. To learn more please visit our website at https://justiceandopportunity.org/
- Monitor and track spending across all accounts within their portfolio
- Oversee maintenance of internal spending tracking systems
- Process invoices for the programs they manage
- Oversee the issuance of purchase cards and monthly reporting
- Participate in internal auditing of all accounts
- Assist with the preparation of cost transfers
- Assist with the preparation of financial reports on a quarterly and annual basis for all accounts
- Work with the Director of Operations to set up processes to efficiently and effectively improve the infrastructure of the Institute
- Manage relationships at John Jay College, RFCUNY and CUNY as well as other external partners
- Manage electronic and paper filing systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Institute, a non-profit, is seeking a business savvy professional who is comfortable with financial tasks, who can multi-task in a fast-paced, growing environment and who can balance self-directive and collaborative instincts. Candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or related field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in administration with an emphasis on finance
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience preparing financial reports for various audiences (e.g., program staff, director, funders, etc.)
- Proven ability to analyze financial circumstances and provide financial recommendations to Operations team leadership
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple accounts simultaneously
- Ability to interact effectively and cooperatively with colleagues and partners at all levels
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience working in higher education preferred but not required
- Experience working with the Research Foundation of CUNY is a plus
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
$45,000.00 - $55,000.00
Dec 31, 2023 (Or Until Filled)