John Jay College Prisoner Reentry Instit
Depends on Qualifications
Mar 23, 2019 (Or Until Filled)
The Prisoner Reentry Institute (PRI) at John Jay College of Criminal Justice is seeking a full-time Administrative Associate to provide administrative and event management support to its operations. The Administrative Associate, under the supervision of the Operations Manager, will provide supportive services to the full range of PRI activities and programs. The ideal candidate will have good office and organizational skills, combining attention to detail with productivity.
About the Prisoner Reentry Institute
The Prisoner Reentry Institute (PRI) is one of twelve institutes that collectively comprise the Research Consortium of the City University of New York (CUNY). PRI is a center of research and action at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice. PRI is committed to providing opportunities for people to live successfully in the community after involvement with the justice system. Capitalizing on its position within a large public university and recognizing the transformational power of education, PRI focuses much of its work on increasing access to higher education and career pathways for people with conviction histories. PRI's comprehensive and strategic approach includes direct service, research, technical assistance, and policy advocacy.
To learn more about our work, please visit www.johnjaypri.org.
The Administrative Associate reports to the Operations Manager of PRI and is responsible for:
- Event Management
- Coordinating event logistics with internal and external partners;
- Reserving space through the Event Management System and in partnership with other John Jay departments;
- Arranging audio/ visual and food services;
- Coordinating with Communications Coordinator to advertise events through the PRI website and all social media services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), and the Development Associate to greet VIP guests;
- Serving as on-site logistics manager by managing space set up, supporting registration, assisting guest speakers, etc.;
- Coordinating post-event follow-up including but not limited to sending thank you notes, administering post-event survey and analyzing data, scheduling and facilitating meeting debriefs with program teams;
- Administrative responsibilities
- Assisting the Finance Associates with processing invoices and P-card reporting;
- Managing front desk reception by greeting and assisting guests, ensuring supplies are organized and receiving and processing deliveries;
- Providing general administrative support to the Operations team;
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates who excel in management, are highly organized, and who balance self-directive and collaborative instincts. Candidates should have:
- Experience with MS Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience managing multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail with limited supervision
- Creative problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to effectively communicate with diverse constituent groups
- An undergraduate degree and 1+ years of related professional experience or equivalent.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Please include a cover letter and resume