The Prisoner Reentry Institute (PRI) at John Jay College of Criminal Justice is seeking a full-time Administrative Associate to provide programmatic and administrative support for the NYC Justice Corps, a multi-site initiative connecting young adults involved with the criminal justice system to leadership, educational and professional opportunity, and fostering community development in neighborhoods with high rates of poverty and crime. The Administrative Associate will conduct contract administration and compliance activities, tracking key program operations and reporting on program data. The ideal candidate will have strong analytic skills, experience with databases, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
About the Prisoner Reentry Institute
The mission of the Prisoner Reentry Institute is to spur innovation and improve practice in the field of reentry by advancing knowledge; translating research into effective policy and service delivery; and fostering effective partnerships between criminal justice and non-criminal justice disciplines. Building on faculty expertise and student interest at John Jay College, the Institute's work focuses on professionalizing the field of reentry by providing practitioners and policymakers with practical tools and new ideas to advance their work. The Institute provides direct services to formerly incarcerated people through the Prison-to-College Pipeline and College Initiative. The Institute actively seeks financial support for its work from government and foundation sources. It is one of 12 centers and institutes that constitute the Research Consortium at John Jay College.
The Administrative Associate reports to the Director of Collaborative Learning of PRI and is responsible for:
- Track performance indicators, maintain program databases, and develop data collection processes;
- Provide database user support to ensure data accuracy;
- Prepare data reports and presentations;
- Maintain the NYC Justice Corps website as well as project calendars and activity logs;
- Review program invoices;
- Conduct program file reviews;
- Provide general administrative support;
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates who excel in time management, are highly organized, and balance self-directive and collaborative instincts. Candidates should have:
- Excellent computer skills (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint);
- Excellent communications skills;
- Familiarity with databases;
- Working knowledge of Word Press preferred; and
- An undergraduate degree and 1+ years of related professional experience or equivalent.
Prisoner Reentry Institute
$35,000.00 - $38,000.00
Jul 18, 2016 (Or Until Filled)