We invite you to join our team of professionals who enjoy assisting students and are dedicated to student academic excellence.
The Division of Continuing Education & Workforce Development (CEWD) at Hostos Community College offers educational, career, and personal development opportunities designed to address the needs of the Bronx and neighboring communities such as Upper Manhattan. We offer non-credit courses and certificate programs. We are currently on a hybrid work schedule (remote and onsite), subject to change.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Operations, the Industry Engagement Specialist will carry out a broad range of responsibilities related to institutionalizing Hostos’ role as a premiere workforce resource for the community. A workforce that is responsive to the changing demands of the job market and the prevailing economic outlook.
The Industry Engagement Specialist’s primary responsibility is to identify, develop and maintain employment partnerships and other industry stakeholders, in order to establish employment pathways for continuing education students. This position will support the CEWD Team by engaging employers, and identifying employment, internship and apprenticeship opportunities. The Industry Engagement Specialist will also collect and analyze data, draft reports, and conduct external presentations.
The ideal candidate for this position will play a central role in enabling career growth for students completing certificate and degree programs.
- Develop and engage employers
- Facilitate and host quarterly business/industry advisory council
- Conduct research and work on presenting attainable, locally in-demand job roles to map students' required skills and competencies
- Establish talent pipelines that correspond with the college's programs
- Collaborate with education leaders and faculty to foster collaboration with internal and external stakeholders in support of program creation, curriculum alignment, professional development, and employer engagement
- Coordinate employer participation in the most in-demand and accessible occupations by industry sector
- Organize and facilitate industry hub-related workshops and activities
- Conduct research on labor market data and trends and keep the division's information current
- Collect employer feedback to ensure the division’s programs and services are demand driven
- Develop marketing materials pertinent to jobs and industry demand
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- use discretion, and sound judgment with handling confidential materials and information especially student records
- work under deadlines, with changing priorities
- respond calmly to emergencies and resolve student concerns
- establish community networks and work effectively with community groups
- seek assistance when needed
- write clearly and produce/edit accurate, well-organized, and understandable reports
- communicate effectively, listen, and quickly respond to others
- work in a team, as well as independently
- BA/BS required. Master’s degree preferred
- At least three (3) years of related experience (required)
- Experience working with diverse populations in low-income communities
- Proven experience in developing structured plans, creating and tracking measurable metrics.
- Proficiency using Excel. Basic knowledge of MS Teams, Google Drive, and Zoom
- Energetic, enthusiastic team player who is goal oriented
- Sensitivity to cultural differences, and an ability to relate effectively to a diverse student population
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; administrative and interpersonal skills
- Must be an education and workforce subject matter expert (required)
Salary: Commensurate with educational qualifications and work experience.
This is a grant-funded position and contingent upon availability of grant funds.
To apply: https://www.rfcuny.org/careers
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Continuing Education and Workforce Devel
$60,000.00 - $70,000.00
Apr 04, 2023 (Or Until Filled)