Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
A 1-year renewable postdoctoral research position is available as part of a major grant from the National Science Foundation-Hispanic Serving Institution Program to study the effectiveness of various practices on student persistence and retention in STEM specifically relating to the first-year experience. These include gateway STEM course revisions, faculty pedagogical development, course-based research experiences, STEM-focused learning communities, STEM-readiness activities, and STEM-focused co-curricular supports. The postdoctoral researcher will play a key role in the design, delivery, and analysis of these interventions, working as part of a large multidisciplinary team that includes faculty and staff from STEM departments, the School of Education, Student Affairs, and Learning Centers. As such, the postdoctoral researcher will participate in regular meetings with the grant team and help with overall project management. The postdoctoral researcher will work particularly closely with School of Education faculty on data collection, management, and analysis, as well as the communication of research findings via conferences and scholarly articles. The postdoctoral researcher may also coordinate and manage the research of other team members, such as graduate students.
Other duties may also be assigned.
- To apply, please use the system upload a letter of interest along with a recent CV/Resume.
- PhD or EdD from an accredited institution in Education, Psychology, or a project-related discipline by start date of position.
- Experience in both qualitative and quantitative research design, data collection, and analysis using the latest techniques and software packages in an educational field related to the project (STEM education, student retention, educational psychology, etc.)
- Expertise or interest in college-level STEM education research
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a large, complex, interdisciplinary team with a number of priorities
- Experience in scholarly research and publication
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Applications will be reviewed beginning 1/3/2021. Please apply by this date.
$60,000.00 - $60,000.00
Aug 05, 2022 (Or Until Filled)