Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Répertoire International de Littérature Musicale (RILM) seeks an Executive Assistant / Office Manager to aid the Executive Director with administrative duties and provide support to management.
Répertoire International de Littérature Musicale (RILM) seeks to fill an Executive Assistant / Office Manager position for its International Office in New York City. RILM publishes a suite of digital resources for music researchers. Established in 1966, the organization operates under the joint sponsorship of the International Musicological Society, the International Association of Music Libraries, Archives, and Documentation Centres, and the International Council for Traditional Music. The staff currently consists of over forty historical musicologists, ethnomusicologists, theorists, language experts, technologists, and assistants.
The successful candidate must have superior organizational skills to support and empower senior leadership. The ideal person for the job will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and meticulous attention to detail. They will have previous experience working in an office environment, performing administrative duties and providing support to management. Knowledge of the academic, library, and/or online information arenas would be a plus. Given the changing nature of the executive landscape, we seek an individual with flexibility and foresight, while maintaining confidentiality related to high-level systems and operations.
This position offers lots of variety and flexibility in tasks in an interesting and creative work environment, a flexible schedule, and outstanding benefits.
The RILM International Center is located at 365 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10016. Both full-time (a minimum of 35 hours per week) or part-time employment is possible. The successful candidate will need to spend time in the office in New York City, some remote work is possible. Comprehensive benefits for 20-hours plus per week. Salary commensurates with experience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter with a resume and three references with contact information. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Plan and orchestrate administrative and clerical work to ensure the Executive Director’s priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and efficiency maintained
- Support the senior staff as directed to ensure that the organization’s goals and objectives are accomplished and operations run efficiently
- Maintain and refine internal processes to support senior staff, coordinating internal and external resources to expedite workflow
- Manage scheduling for the Executive Director and other senior staff as needed, including arranging meetings and agendas, travel arrangements, and other logistics
- Perform administrative and office support, such as writing meeting minutes and drafting memos, spreadsheet creation, paper and electronic filing, coordination of printing of materials, etc.
- Organize and plan events, both internally and offsite, especially conferences, exhibits, and receptions
- Serve as liaison to human resources, and help to ensure a positive and collegial work environment
- Perform light financial duties
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion internally and externally
- 4+ years experience in an administrative role reporting directly to upper management
- B.A. in administration, with knowledge of finance, preferred
- Superb writing and communication skills
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Slack, and other office productivity tools, with the aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Ability to keep organization confidentiality
- Experience tracking budgets and expenses
- Experience developing internal organizational processes and filing systems
- Experience with the academic, library, and/or online information arenas
Répertoire International de Littérature
Depends on Qualifications
Aug 09, 2022 (Or Until Filled)