CCNY College Connect provides support to new first-year students from the time they commit to attending City College through their first year of school.
This support is based on the relationship with a peer leader who guides the student through the onboarding process and their first year, assuring that they have a smooth transition to college life. We will be hiring 2 Fellows to join the team to support the Peer Leaders and Supervisor for in-person events and workshops.
Under the supervision of the CCNY College Connect Supervisor, the Fellow will:
- Help students develop a S.M.A.R.T. plan geared toward strategizing and meeting academic and personal goals;
- Develop, lead, and assist in workshop for college students on relevant topics (i.e., class schedule making, time-management, assessing financial aid, using campus resources, make up training etc.).
- Plan and execute community-building events (i.e., campus tours, fall and winter welcome events, FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Refile Day, Registration Events, etc.).
- Utilize CCNY Navigate, Hustle and Microsoft Teams to maintain accurate and timely records of contact with students and communication with the College Connect team.
- Manage case notes for tracking and reporting.
- Host weekly office hours for students.
- Maintain contact with supervisor regarding planned hours of work.
- Attend all required meetings and training sessions throughout the year, both in-person and online.
- Serve as a constant positive representative on your campus.
- Participate in evaluation activities and future program planning;
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is a part-time, hybrid position of a total of 19 hours per week, requiring some in person and remote hours. This position closes on June 30, 2024.
- Must be flexible in determining hours. This is not a traditional 9-5 position. Some hours may be expected to be completed during 4PM and 10 PM virtually.
- Currently enrolled at City College and planning to maintain enrollment at City College through the end of the spring 2024 semester;
- Worked as a Peer Leader with College Connect or another Peer Leader Program;
- Experiences with and knowledge of Microsoft 365 and MS Teams;
- Can commit to minimum work and training hours;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Be in good academic standing;
- Committed to the academic success of other students;
- Be a motivated, responsible, and hardworking team player that is willing to learn, take initiative, take responsibility, and can work well with students as well as other college staff;
- Comfortable working in an online environment.
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
CCNY College Connect
Aug 06, 2023 (Or Until Filled)