Office of College Advancement
Depends on Qualifications
Aug 08, 2018 (Or Until Filled)
About Baruch College
Baruch College is ranked among the region's and nation's top colleges by U.S. News & World Report, Forbes, Princeton Review, and others. Our campus is within easy reach of Wall Street, Midtown, and the global headquarters of major companies and non-profit and cultural organizations, giving students unparalleled internship, career, and networking opportunities. The College's more than 18,000 students, who speak more than 110 languages and trace their heritage to more than 170 countries, have been repeatedly named one of the most ethnically diverse student bodies in the United States.
The Office of College Advancement (“OCA”) is responsible for all fundraising activities and alumni relations and volunteer engagement for Baruch College. We seek a dynamic, seasoned individual with broad-based development experience, including proven gift solicitations to work with our alumni, faculty and all functional elements of OCA. Reporting to the Director of Special Gifts, this is an exciting, high-access, front-line opportunity.
Baruch College seeks a highly organized, fundraising savvy individual to join its College Advancement team whose primary goals include: increasing alumni participation in terms of unrestricted dollars and donors and creating a pipeline for the next generation of donors by building a culture of philanthropy among various constituents. Reporting to the Director of Special Gifts, the Development Officer will manage campus philanthropy programs as well as renew and grow annual fund and associate donors.
- Responsible for acquisitions, renewals, upgrades, discovery, cultivation, face-to-face solicitation and stewardship of annual fund donors.
- Conduct a minimum of 5-10 personal visits per month with donors/prospects. Create and assist in initiatives designed to support prospects’ awareness of, involvement with and commitment to Baruch College. Participate in donor/prospect strategy sessions with other advancement staff.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the College’s priorities and inspire the respect and confidence of alumni, friends, parents, faculty, staff and trustees.
- Manage and grow the 17 Lex leadership Council and Associate program including related events and crowd funding appeals.
- Manage the creation and dissemination of extensive toolbox of solicitation, cultivation/stewardship communication pieces including informational mailings, personalized invitations to campus events.
- Maintain a detailed record of prospect management in database.
- Manage existing and develop new campus-wide philanthropy and awareness programs.
- May perform other duties and attend other events as assigned
Bachelor's degree plus 4-5 years of experience required, with experience in fundraising and higher education preferred. Experience with Raiser's Edge preferred. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and excellent interpersonal skills. Keen ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment. Flexibility to attend some evening events as needed. Must be an articulate spokesperson on behalf of the College with presentation expertise suitable to work individually with highly successful alumni.