The Department of Facilities Planning, Construction and Management (FPCM) is the department of the City University of New York (CUNY) charged with construction, including new construction, capital improvements, and infrastructure and asset management.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Financial Management and Administration, the Recruitment Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Communicating with Executive Directors on actions to meet recruitment needs.
- Drafting advertisements and selecting appropriate media to recruit necessary candidates.
- Corresponding with potential applicants to resolve pertinent questions on job opportunities.
- Preparing employment transactions in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and directives of CUNY and the Research Foundation of CUNY (RFCUNY).
- Developing and maintaining effective procedures for timely probationary performance evaluations and for annual employee work performance ratings and appraisals.
- Coordinating the on-boarding of new employees.
- Overseeing the administration of the time and attendance rules by personnel.
- Agency Security Administrator for the Financial Management System (FMS), Statewide Financial System (SFS), and CUNYFirst.
- Liaison with RFCUNY and CUNY Central Office on personnel issues concerning payroll, time and attendance, and labor relations.
- Work on special projects, and other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- At least three years of experience working in a Human Resources Office.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize competing work.
- Self and team motivator, with an ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, associates, and internal and external constituents.
- Out of the box thinker, creative, inventive and adaptable to situations
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Financial Management and Administration
$60,000.00 - $65,000.00
Aug 29, 2023 (Or Until Filled)