Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
CUNY is embarked on multi-billion dollar and multi-year capital design and construction program at its 25 campuses. The electrical engineers, as members of the Engineering Group in the Office of Facilities Planning, Construction, and Management, play a vital role in the successful implementation of this program. The Electrical Engineers provide engineering services for all capital projects managed by the University (CUNY), New York Dormitory Authority (DASNY), and New York State Power Authority (NYPA).
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Posting remains open until July 5, 2022, or until filled.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer
- Review of consultant design documents for conceptuality, constructability, and accuracy.
- Coordinate with the Project Management team to follow up on the progress of Mechanical/HVAC design projects for approving consultant design documents.
- Evaluate the performance of the consultants.
- Issue guidelines and procedures for projects in conformance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Prepare in-house design documents as required.
- Prepare and preventive maintenance procedures for Electrical Systems to be implemented by the campuses and provide monitoring.
- Coordinate with other engineering and architectural disciplines and preparing management reports as required by Director of Engineering.
- Prepare Electrical and fire alarm design standards and specifications.
- Perform cost estimate for projects as required.
- Review shop drawings and submissions.
- Represent the Director of Engineering in conferences and meeting in his absence.
- Perform quality assurance site visits during construction phase and prepare report.
- Conduct research, perform diagnostics, and troubleshoot electrical systems and equipment.
- Participate in conferences, events, and networking and learning opportunities.
- Establish relationships with campuses, vendors, suppliers, other professionals, and expanding networks.
Qualifications and Core Competencies
- The candidate must have a Bachelor of Science or engineering degree in electrical engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the design of low and high voltage power distribution systems.
- The candidate must have good experience in design of controls, and fire alarm systems for higher education facilities, commercial, and residential buildings.
- Ability to perform analysis, design, and troubleshooting of electrical and fire alarm systems.
- The candidate must have familiarity with design of substation.
- Ability to review multiple design projects.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Computer Aided Design and proficiency with Microsoft Office software are required.
- Computer skills, including email, spreadsheets, databases, and presentationpackages.
- NY State Professional Engineering License.
- Master’s degree in electrical Engineering.
- Experience with New York State and/or New York City design and construction Projects.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work on multiple design projects at one time.
- Ability to work under pressure and to multiple deadlines.
- Self and Team Motivator.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, associates, and internal and external constituents.
Dept. of Design and Construction
Depends on Qualifications
Jul 05, 2022 (Or Until Filled)