Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Children need to spend their most critical years with dedicated, educated, trained, and well-compensated individuals in order to thrive. The New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute leads the work to establish and implement an early childhood workforce system to ensure funding, standards and competencies, career development resources, qualifications and credentials, professional development (training and strengths-based coaching), and program quality assurance and improvement for individuals who work with young children throughout New York. Housed at the City University of New York, the Institute is a fast-paced, dynamic public/private partnership that is committed to the early childhood workforce across New York State.
QUALITYstarsNY is New York State’s Quality Rating and Improvement System for early childhood education programs in all regulated settings. QUALITYstarsNY exists because early childhood educators across the state deserve support to engage in continuous quality improvement. QUALITYstarsNY provides individualized, comprehensive support to hundreds of early childhood programs across New York State and continues to expand participation. Programs participating in QUALITYstarsNY are rated on a 5-Star scale every three years and are supported with a full complement of resources to improve and sustain their quality – all at no cost to their program.
QUALITYstarsNY is currently expanding services across the state to support early childhood programs in their continuous quality improvement efforts. The Recruitment and Engagement Associate has an essential role in the expansion as they partner with the QUALITYstarsNY team to create a strategy to recruit early childhood programs in all regulated settings to participate in QUALITYstarsNY. They will be responsible for managing and executing the recruitment strategy, and corresponding outreach tactics, to expand participation for QUALITYstarsNY. The Recruitment and Engagement Associate role is also responsible for supporting ongoing engagement among QUALITYstarsNY’s community of more than 1,000 participating programs across the state. The Recruitment and Engagement Associate reports directly to the QUALITYstarsNY Director of Systems and Administration.
The Recruitment and Engagement Associate is a new position on the QUALITYstarsNY team and will require a detail-oriented, organized, innovative thinker to develop the role and the work. As a member of the Central Office team for QUALITYstarsNY, the Recruitment and Engagement Associate role will be a key position that helps communicate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the smooth execution of the expansion of QUALITYstarsNY.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With guidance from team leadership, manage the recruitment and enrollment of regulated early childhood programs across New York State into QUALITYstarsNY and its Start with Stars initiative
- Host information sessions for potential participants and external stakeholders that provide an overview of QUALITYstarsNY services and details about the participation and application process
- Create and execute short- and long-term communications campaigns around recruitment of potential participants with the support of the Director of Systems and Administration and the Communications and Outreach Manager
- Help to develop and then implement recruitment strategies to attract programs serving special populations and within designated areas in regions across New York State
- Provide technical assistance via phone and email to enrolling programs to ensure they successfully complete the multi-step application process
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners that can support our recruitment strategy and leverage their networks to reach target audiences for recruitment
- Support creation and dissemination of print and digital materials & content for internal and external partners to promote recruitment
- Engage in building relationships with key stakeholders, representing and promoting the work of QUALITYstarsNY for various audiences
- Conduct regular outreach to and responding to participating programs, such as mailings, calls, and emails, including targeted outreach to newly enrolled and rated programs
- Engage with staff and participating programs to contribute to print and digital content, including social media, blog posts, e-newsletters, presentations, that spotlights and celebrates diverse experiences within the QUALITYstarsNY community
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications or marketing with one year relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with three years relevant experience
- Excellent organization and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to create visually compelling and engaging content for digital platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop) or other graphic design/content creation tools
- Bilingual fluency; Spanish preferred
- Experience successfully recruiting programs and/or enrolling participants and families on a large scale, preferably within an early childhood program or system
- Working knowledge of the early childhood education landscape in New York State
- Experience running reports and performing data analysis for the purpose of presenting data to stakeholders
- Experience creating marketing materials
- Experience developing social media content for use as part of social media campaigns or communications
- Experience with development of email distribution lists and use of email distribution systems (such as Mailchimp)
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for multi-tasking
- This position is located in a professional office environment in Brooklyn, NY and is currently hybrid, working 70% in person (7 days) in office and 30% remote (3 days) during every two-week payroll cycle. Laptop may be provided if needed to support working remotely.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and presentation equipment.
- While performing these duties, the employee is required to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting items (up to 20 pounds), bending, reaching, and sitting for prolonged periods of time. Reasonable accommodations will be made for employees with disabilities or other needs per RFCUNY policies.
- Ability to travel to other sites as needed
- As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated againstCOVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine (example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
How to Apply
Provide a resume and cover letter specifying your qualifications, experience, and interest relevant to this position.
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people of all race, color, religion, gender, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disabilities, age, or protected veteran status to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. The Research Foundation of the City University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Americans with disabilities act/E-Verify employer.
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
$58,000.00 - $62,000.00
Sep 03, 2023 (Or Until Filled)