Children need to spend their most critical years with dedicated, educated, trained, and well-compensated individuals in order to thrive. The New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute leads the work to establish and implement an early childhood workforce system to ensure funding, standards and competencies, career development resources, qualifications and credentials, professional development (training and strengths-based coaching), and program quality assurance and improvement for individuals who work with young children throughout New York. Housed at the City University of New York, the Institute is a fast-paced, dynamic public/private partnership that is committed to the early childhood workforce across New York State.
The Informal Family Child Care Project (IFCC) – a project of the Institute – works to elevate the quality of care for children in home-based child care settings in New York City. IFCC assesses, supports and advocates for childcare providers, and builds their skills and capacity to provide safe, high-quality care through a comprehensive array of professional development opportunities and services.
The Project Assistant (PA) will provide direct support for implementation of IFCC programs for home-based childcare providers across New York City. Specifically, the PA will support implementation of targeted strategies to recruit and retain participants and data collection to track implementation and assess program impact. The Project Assistant will report to the IFCC Director and work closely with all program staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Outreach and Recruitment
- Support implementation of recruitment and outreach to home-based childcare providers
- Help manage relationships with program participants through regularly scheduled follow up, including conducting periodic surveys and other data collection tasks
- Facilitate the dissemination of program materials to prospective and existing participants
Data Management and Program Administration
- Support program data collection and management, including data entry and maintaining databases
- Assist in production of periodic program data reports
- Process invoices, and individual reimbursements for payment
- Maintain regular communication with Program Director and project teams
- Attend regular project management meetings
- Attend staff meetings and training
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Services, Social Work, or related field with 3-4 years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, high volume office setting
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1-2 years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, high volume office setting
- Strong interpersonal skills. Comfortable and enjoy working with the public and diverse populations; ability to demonstrate compassion, sensitivity and respect
- Experience conducting public outreach and recruitment
- Experience with data collection and databases
- Ability to work on Saturdays
- Strong organization, project management and time management skills; ability to set priorities and complete multiple projects and tasks
- Experience with Microsoft Office; intermediate level user, Microsoft Excel
- Bilingual preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and to make one’s self understood to all Spanish speaking individuals.
- This position is located in a professional office environment in Brooklyn, NY and is currently hybrid, working 70% in person (7 days) in office and 30% remote (3 days) during every two-week payroll cycle. Laptop may be provided if needed to support working remotely.
- While performing these duties, the employee is required to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting items (up to 20 pounds), bending, reaching, and sitting for prolonged periods of time. Reasonable accommodations will be made for employees with disabilities or other needs per RFCUNY policies.
- Ability to travel to Informal Family Child Care Project sites as needed.
- As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated againstCOVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine (example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
How to Apply
Provide a resume and cover letter specifying your qualifications, experience, and interest relevant to this position.
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people of all race, color, religion, gender, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disabilities, age, or protected veteran status to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. The Research Foundation of the City University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Americans with disabilities act/E-Verify employer.
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
$45,500.00 - $52,000.00
Jul 21, 2023 (Or Until Filled)