Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Through its partnership with the City of New York, CUNY’s Building Performance Laboratory is hiring qualified energy management professionals to serve as on-site consultants and fill critical staffing capacity needs at the Department of Citywide Administrative Services’ Division of Energy Management (“DEM”). For background, DEM serves as the hub for energy management for City government operations. DEM develops the City’s annual utility energy budget; manages the City’s electricity, natural gas, and steam accounts; helps agency partners identify and pursue energy-saving opportunities; does energy efficiency and clean power generation projects across the City’s portfolio; and implements operations and maintenance best practices. Specifically, DEM is tasked with leading the City’s efforts to reduce emissions from City government operations 40 percent by 2025, 50 percent by 2030, and 80 percent by 2050 from baseline.
For this specific role, on behalf of DEM, CUNY BPL seeks to hire an Application Developer to substantially contribute to the development, design, and delivery of various applications for DEM’s work.
The person’s responsibilities are expected to include the following:
- Develop and maintain various web applications
- Automate development and deployment processes
- Conduct requirements gathering
- Conduct quality assurance testing
- Scale application and performance to meet business requirements and service level agreements
- Write unit tests and identify bugs and performance issues
- Perform user support and application maintenance
- Help research new technologies and architect applications
- Maintain security standards
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills and experience to this position:
- 7+ years of experience developing Microsoft ASP.NET applications using MVC 5 or higher
- 4+ years of experience developing WebAPI applications.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in architecting and developing Vue, Angular or React applications
- Experience in data integration/ETL, such as Azure Data Factory, MuleSoft or others
- 5 + years of experience with HTML5, Bootstrap, CSS3
- 4+ years of experience with Microsoft Entity Framework, Entity Framework Core & LINQ
- 2+ years of experience with .Net Core
- 6+ years of strong SQL database development and performance tuning experience.
- Experience in SQL Server latest versions
- Experience in design and implementation of user interfaces
- Experience in server and application troubleshooting
- Experience in designing and developing robust database driven applications with advanced reporting functionalities.
- Experience developing high performance public facing applications.
- Experience with Vue.JS
- Experience with Azure or AWS
- Experience with using GIT as a source control tool as well as using the Agile, and Scrum templates in Azure DevOps & TFS.
- Experience with SAML and OAuth 2.0
- NYC residency may be required for continued employment.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available under this program.
- Must be vaccinated.
- Must be prepared to be on-site.
DCAS, Division of Energy Management
Depends on Qualifications
Oct 02, 2022 (Or Until Filled)