Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Through its partnership with the City of New York, CUNY’s Building Performance Laboratory is hiring qualified energy management professionals to serve as on-site consultants and fill critical staffing capacity needs at the Department of Citywide Administrative Services’ Division of Energy Management (“DEM”). For background, DEM serves as the hub for energy management for City government operations. DEM develops the City’s annual utility energy budget; manages the City’s electricity, natural gas, and steam accounts; helps agency partners identify and pursue energy-saving opportunities; does energy efficiency and clean power generation projects across the City’s portfolio; and implements operations and maintenance best practices. Specifically, DEM is tasked with leading the City’s efforts to reduce emissions from City government operations 40 percent by 2025, 50 percent by 2030, and 80 percent by 2050 from baseline.
For this specific role, on behalf of DEM, CUNY BPL seeks to hire an IT Business Analyst to use their knowledge and experience, along with current industry standard processes, to review and interpret business process needs. The person will study the business requirements provided by teams and translate those into functional requirements that developers can code.
The person’s responsibilities are expected to include the following:
- Perform a variety of quality control checks to maintain and assure the accuracy and consistency of data in tracking systems
- Perform database SQL server queries and program data analysis as requested
- Write reporting requirement documents and create product specifications and technical mock-ups for new business intelligence tools to support decision-making and performance tracking
- Maintain existing dashboard reporting tools, identify enhancements, track, and promote usage
- Perform and/or manage user acceptance and regression testing
- Develop data visualizations/ reports to enable users to grasp concepts, identify patterns, and make better business decisions
- Interview business stakeholders to gather detailed product requirements (scope, background, business case, etc.)
- Develop Business Requirements Document (BRD) or User Stories to define business rules and objectives, current operational procedures, risk, input and output requirements, system access, etc.
- Translate Business Requirements into functional requirements by developing As-Is and To-Be process documentation, use case scenarios, data models, logic details, work instructions, etc.
- Create test case documents to facilitate quality assurance and user acceptance testing prior to product release
- Manage projects, including client interaction, developing project plans and supporting analytics offerings
- Work with internal staff and subcontractors to meet project objectives
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills and experience to this position:
- 4+ years of experience gathering projects requirements
- 2+ years of experience managing and planning projects
- 4+ years of experience in Office of Google Docs products
- Experience in querying data from various sources
- Experience in various user interfaces and interactions
- Experience in testing web applications and familiarity with testing tools and processes
- In addition, ability to develop and maintain a professional working relationship with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work with databases and provide quantitative and graphical analyses
- Familiarity with data warehousing and business intelligence concepts.
- Fit/gap analysis and Business Requirements gathering and prototyping.
- Relational database knowledge and hands on SQL.
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps or TFS (Team Foundation Server) or Agile/SCRUM software tools
- Expert use of Microsoft Office suite - creating project plans, Visio flowcharts, PowerPoint presentations, advanced Excel calculations and workbooks, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- NYC residency may be required for continued employment.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available under this program.
- Must be vaccinated.
- Must be prepared to be on-site.
DCAS, Division of Energy Management
Depends on Qualifications
Oct 02, 2022 (Or Until Filled)