Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Through its partnership with the City of New York, CUNY’s Building Performance Laboratory is hiring qualified energy management professionals to serve as on-site consultants and fill critical staffing capacity needs at the Department of Citywide Administrative Services’ (“DCAS”) Division of Energy Management (“DEM”). For background, DEM serves as the hub for energy management for City government operations. DEM develops the City’s annual Heat, Light, and Power Budget; manages the City’s electricity, natural gas, and steam accounts; helps agency partners identify and pursue energy-saving opportunities; does energy efficiency and clean power generation projects across the City’s portfolio; and implements operations and maintenance best practices. Specifically, DEM is tasked with leading the City’s efforts to reduce emissions from City government operations 40 percent by 2025, 50 percent by 2030, and 80 percent by 2050 from baseline.
For this specific role, on behalf of DEM, CUNY BPL seeks to hire an Associate Project Manager Agency Planning & Implementation to help reduce emissions and energy consumption across the City by providing our agency partners with technical assistance and project management support for energy audits and energy efficiency projects.
The Agency Planning & Implementation Team organizes its work with six primary building sectors that comprise the City’s municipal building stock: Large Buildings, Infrastructure, Healthcare, Education, Culture/Economic Development and Community Services. For each of the six sectors, there will be a Sector Lead overseeing a team of 3-4 Project Managers/Associate Project Managers and Analysts. Under the direction of the Sector Lead, the Associate Project Manager will work with agencies to support integration of capital planning efforts related to energy efficiency and clean energy projects, identify, and recommend energy conservation measures (ECMs), and support the Senior Project Manager in overseeing energy project implementation, including performing project scope and technical review, field verification, and project close-out. They will also support ongoing grant program development by participating in reporting and data management activities, as well as the development of project tools and guidelines for agencies
Under the direction of the Senior Program Manager, the person’s responsibilities may include the following:
- Support energy project planning including coordinating regular planning meetings with agencies to scope projects, reviewing energy audit reports, analyzing, and recommending ECMs, and supporting grant program applications
- Support energy project management including assisting with budgeting, project tracking, field inspections (site visits) and collection and review of project close-out documentation
- Work with agencies to ensure timely completion and high-quality project execution, including confirming that projects comply with emission reduction objectives and measurement and verification protocols
- Coordination across teams within the Operations Unit and DEM
- Provide overall support to unit and division
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills and experience to this position:
- A master’s degree in engineering, architecture, energy management, construction project management, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience with energy efficiency retrofit projects; specialization or focus on one or more of the following sectors: Large Commercial, Healthcare, Culture/Economic Development, Infrastructure, Education or Community Services (e.g., firehouses, police precincts, recreational facilities, etc.) strongly preferred
- Familiarity with technical project management operations, including project planning, scope development, design and construction management, operations transfer, and project close-out. Knowledge of and experience with ASHRAE or AEE procedures for Commercial Building Energy Audits.
- Experience in options analysis and recommendation.
- Knowledge of energy savings calculation, greenhouse gas emissions calculation methodologies and NYC Local Laws addressing green buildings and energy efficiency.
- NYC residency may be required for continued employment.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available under this program.
- Must be vaccinated.
- Must be prepared to be on-site.
DCAS, Division of Energy Management
$65,000.00 - $75,000.00
Aug 31, 2022 (Or Until Filled)