Children need to spend their most critical years with dedicated, educated, trained, and well-compensated individuals in order to thrive. The New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute leads the work to establish and implement an early childhood workforce system to ensure funding, standards and competencies, career development resources, qualifications and credentials, professional development (training and strengths-based coaching), and program quality assurance and improvement for individuals who work with young children throughout New York. Housed at the City University of New York, the Institute is a fast-paced, dynamic public/private partnership that is committed to the early childhood workforce across New York State.
QUALITYstarsNY is New York State’s Quality Rating and Improvement System for early childhood education programs in all regulated settings. QUALITYstarsNY exists because early childhood educators across the state deserve support to engage in continuous quality improvement. QUALITYstarsNY provides individualized, comprehensive support to hundreds of early childhood programs across New York State and continues to expand participation. Programs participating in QUALITYstarsNY are rated on a 5-Star scale every three years and are supported with a full complement of resources to improve and sustain their quality – all at no cost to their program.
QUALITYstarsNY is currently expanding services across the state to support early childhood programs in their continuous quality improvement efforts. The Recruitment and Engagement Manager has an essential role in the expansion as they partner with the QUALITYstarsNY team to create a strategy to recruit early childhood programs in all regulated settings to participate in QUALITYstarsNY. They will be responsible for managing and executing the recruitment strategy. The Recruitment and Engagement Manager reports directly to the QUALITYstarsNY Director of Systems and Administration.
This is a new position on the QUALITYstarsNY team and will require a detail-oriented, organized, innovative thinker to develop the role and the work. As a member of the Central Office team for QUALITYstarsNY, the Recruitment and Engagement Manager role will be a key position that helps communicate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the smooth execution of the expansion of QUALITYstarsNY.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the recruitment and enrollment of licensed or regulated early childhood programs across New York State into QUALITYstarsNY and Start with Stars
- Create and implement a communications strategy around recruitment of potential participants with the support of the Director of Systems and Administration and the Communications and Outreach Manager
- Develop recruitment strategies to attract programs serving special populations and within designated areas in regions across New York State, as defined by QUALITYstarsNY
- Provide technical assistance to enrolling programs to ensure they successfully complete the multi-step application process
- Report to the team regularly about progress and completion of recruitment goals
- Support the creation of recruitment materials and manage their distribution
- Run data reports and track recruitment metrics to support overall recruitment planning
- Attend and track community-based events to provide an introduction/overview of QUALITYstarsNY services
- Host Information Sessions for potential participants and external stakeholders that provide an overview of QUALITYstarsNY services and details about the participation and application process
- Partner with Quality Improvement Specialists to complete orientation sessions for onboarding programs
- Support Director of Quality Improvement in onboarding of new Quality Improvement Specialists about recruitment and application processes
- Engage in building relationships with key stakeholders, representing and promoting the work of QUALITYstarsNY for various audiences
- Conduct regular outreach to programs including; mailings, cold calls, and emails, including special outreach to newly enrolled programs
- Learn, manage, and communicate about the QUALITYstarsNY data systems as it relates to the role, including the application process
- Present recruitment data to internal and external stakeholders as requested
- Attend and contribute to project planning meetings and the development of the annual project calendar
- Contribute content for blog and social media posts as relates to recruitment strategy milestones
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in early childhood education/child development, communications or marketing, or a related field
- Experience in developing or contributing to a communications and outreach plan
- Experience running reports and performing data analysis for the purpose of presenting data to stakeholders
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills through previous work with spreadsheets and databases
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to summarize complex issues for different audiences of both internal and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of the early childhood education landscape in New York State
- Spanish or other language fluency
- 2 or more years of experience successfully recruiting programs and/or enrolling participants and families on a large scale, preferably within an early childhood program or system
- Experience creating marketing materials
- Experience developing social media content for use as part of social media campaigns or communications
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- This position operates in a professional office environment located in Brooklyn, NY, and is currently hybrid, working 70% in the office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and presentation equipment.
- While performing these duties, the employee is required to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting items (up to 20 pounds), bending, reaching, and sitting for prolonged periods of time. Reasonable accommodations will be made for employees with disabilities or other needs per RFCUNY policies.
- Ability to travel to other sites as needed.
- As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine (example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
How to Apply
Provide a resume and cover letter specifying your qualifications, experience, and interest relevant to this position.
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people of all race, color, religion, gender, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disabilities, age, or protected veteran status to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. The Research Foundation of the City University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Americans with disabilities act/E-Verify employer.
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
$58,000.00 - $62,000.00
Jun 06, 2023 (Or Until Filled)