Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Through its partnership with the City of New York, CUNY’s Building Performance Laboratory is hiring qualified energy management professionals to serve as on-site consultants and fill critical staffing capacity needs at the Department of Citywide Administrative Services’ (“DCAS”) Division of Energy Management (“DEM”). For background, DEM serves as the hub for energy management for City government operations. DEM develops the City’s annual Heat, Light, and Power Budget; manages the City’s electricity, natural gas, and steam accounts; helps agency partners identify and pursue energy-saving opportunities; does energy efficiency and clean power generation projects across the City’s portfolio; and implements operations and maintenance best practices. Specifically, DEM is tasked with leading the City’s efforts to reduce emissions from City government operations 40 percent by 2025, 50 percent by 2030, and 80 percent by 2050 from baseline.
For this specific role, on behalf of DEM, CUNY BPL seeks to hire two (2) Project Managers to help reduce emissions and energy consumption across the City by focusing on the delivery of capital-funded energy efficiency projects and clean energy projects.
Under this assignment, the person’s responsibilities may include the following:
- Managing the design and construction process to ensure proper, timely, and cost-efficient completion of projects, including supervising consultants and contractors, and working with agency staff at City facilities.
- Performing technical calculations related to energy usage changes, generation capacity, energy cost savings, and avoided greenhouse gas emissions.
- Serving as a liaison to the Capital budget planning team.
- Developing new energy-related contracts and taking advantage of new citywide contracts.
- Managing project scoping and providing project management support across the division.
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills and experience to this position:
- A master’s in electrical, mechanical, facilities, or environmental engineering or architecture.
- At least three (3) years of experience in energy management, energy performance contracting, facilities management, commissioning, or mechanical construction project management.
- Strong understanding of building energy systems, energy efficiency technologies, and clean energy technologies. Experience with the design and construction of energy efficiency or clean energy projects in diverse buildings that vary in age, size, and use. Knowledge of and experience with ASHRAE or AEE Procedures for Commercial Buildings Energy Audits.
- Familiarity with NYC electrical and energy codes.
- Familiarity with energy usage, energy cost savings, and avoided greenhouse gas emissions calculation methodologies.
- High level of productivity: able to meet and even exceed deadlines and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Professional Engineer qualification strongly encouraged
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proficient computer skills, including Microsoft applications.
- NYC residency may be required for continued employment.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available under this program.
- Must be vaccinated.
- Must be prepared to be on-site.
DCAS, Division of Energy Management
$75,500.00 - $85,000.00
Jul 04, 2022 (Or Until Filled)