Children need to spend their most critical years with dedicated, educated, trained, and well-compensated individuals in order to thrive. The New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute leads the work to establish and implement an early childhood workforce system to ensure funding, standards and competencies, career development resources, qualifications and credentials, professional development (training and strengths-based coaching), and program quality assurance and improvement for individuals who work with young children throughout New York. Housed at the City University of New York, the Institute is a fast-paced, dynamic public/private partnership that is committed to the early childhood workforce across New York State.
The Aspire Registry is New York’s early childhood workforce data system and is part of New York Works for Children, the state’s integrated early childhood professional development system. The Registry Support Specialist is responsible for providing key support to maintain daily operations of The Aspire Registry.
The Aspire Registry is a web-based system that helps early childhood providers track their ongoing professional development, education, and experience, and helps them find professional development. The Registry Support Specialist will report to The Aspire Registry Director and work in a collaborative environment with a diverse team of professionals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide customer support to our Registry members through e-mail and phone.
- Review documentation from Registry members and verify information in the database and/or document management system
- Classify coursework from college transcripts and assign related information from training certificates
- Enter and verify data with attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned by the Aspire Registry Director or Registry Operations Manager. Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Associate’s degree in early childhood education or related field and 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, or related field and 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong data entry skills, with the ability to provide data accuracy, speed and consistency
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and complex work environment.
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word required, other programs a plus).
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Must possess customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally assist Registry members.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders including Registry members, colleagues, and external partners.
- Familiarity with workforce registries or higher education transcript analysis.
- Bi-lingual language skills (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Russian preferred)
- This position operates in a professional office environment located in Brooklyn, NY, and is currently hybrid, working 70% in the office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, laptops, tablets, smart phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and presentation equipment.
- While performing these duties, the employee is required to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting items (up to 20 pounds), bending, reaching, and sitting for prolonged periods of time. Reasonable accommodations will be made for employees with disabilities or other needs per RFCUNY policies.
- Ability to travel to other sites as needed.
As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine (example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
How to Apply
Provide a resume and cover letter specifying your qualifications, experience, and interest relevant to this position.
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people of all race, color, religion, gender, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disabilities, age, or protected veteran status to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. The Research Foundation of the City University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Americans with disabilities act/E-Verify employer.
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
$42,000.00 - $48,000.00
Oct 22, 2023 (Or Until Filled)