Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Children need to spend their most critical years with dedicated, educated, trained, and well-compensated individuals in order to thrive. The New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute leads the work to establish and implement an early childhood workforce system to ensure funding, standards and competencies, career development resources, qualifications and credentials, professional development (training and strengths-based coaching), and program quality assurance and improvement for individuals who work with young children throughout New York. Housed at the City University of New York, the Institute is a fast-paced, dynamic public/private partnership that is committed to the early childhood workforce across New York State.
QUALITYstarsNY is New York State’s voluntary 5-Star early childhood quality rating and improvement system. Since its inception, QUALITYstarsNY has focused its evidence-based practices to ensure that young children in participating programs have access to excellence and families can trust the level of quality in the program they choose. Assessment, coaching, professional development, and a wide range of resources are made available to each site, enabling QUALITYstarsNY to support early childhood programs to earn higher star ratings.
The Data Systems and Rating Manager reports directly to the Director of Systems and Administration and is responsible for providing key support to the implementation of the QUALITYstarsNY, New York State’s quality rating and improvement system. The Data Systems and Rating Manager supervises the work of the rating team; coordinates documentation review, ratings and appeals processes; and ensures consistency and accuracy of ratings. With the support of the Senior Director and Director of Systems and Administration, the Data Systems and Rating Manager leads the management of the database systems and reporting efforts, including ongoing planning and communication with the QUALITYstarsNY central office leadership and administrative team, to ensure deliverables are accurately executed and issues are resolved in a timely manner. The Data Systems and Rating Manager uses strong data analysis skills to create stories that enrich the understanding of the value of QUALITYstarsNY, leading the project’s use of data to measure progress and inform the development of project goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Database Management & Monitoring
- Responsible for the management of QUALITYstarsNY’s database and other software systems
- Lead and manage communications with database developers to ensure database is running at full capacity
- Regularly build testing procedures and execute in testing environment
- Refine and maintain document review process and rating manual
- Build and run reports with consistency and accuracy related to statistical data, funding requirements, program goals, systems monitoring, and workflow
- Develop and maintain ongoing monitoring system for QUALITYstarsNY database and software platforms
- Perform data analysis regularly to inform project planning and reporting
- Generate potential new uses for data collection and analysis of data for this project
Leadership & Supervision
- Provide leadership in the areas of efficiency of data systems, the QUALITYstarsNY database, and overall progress towards meeting project goals
- Build central office administrative team capacity for implementing the QUALITYstarsNY rating and quality improvement systems and generating ideas for new applications for the use of data
- Facilitate weekly meetings with QUALITYstarsNY’s central office team to address issues and drive progress towards deliverables
- Support colleagues in their understanding and use of data for the project
- Supervise a team of Raters:
- Train Raters to inter-rater reliability;
- Provide training on using the data systems to review documents and input data;
- Coordinate schedules and assign work, and
- Manage workflow and work output.
Communication & Partnerships
- Respond to the project data reporting needs for staff, funders, and project stakeholders, according to an annual schedule, as well as on an ad hoc basis
- Perform presentations about analyzed data for internal project staff
- Use communication platforms efficiently for ongoing interactions including follow up as needed
- Attend and contribute to project planning meetings and the development of the annual project calendar
- Maintain efficient and organized records and files as part of the administrative team
- Engage in building relationships with key stakeholders, representing and promoting the work of QUALITYstarsNY locally and across the state at various events, trainings, and meetings.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required (education or information systems-related field)
- Minimum five years of product management experience managing several products through their entire lifecycle; some experience with a custom-built system preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including managing multiple projects and timelines
- Excellent computer skills and experience using various software programs to run projects
- Extensive experience working with databases, ease and familiarity with pivot tables and data manipulation in MSExcel
- Demonstrated experience with project management tools such as Confluence, SharePoint, etc.
- Strong data analysis and presentation skills, including defining what data analysis is required to answer specific program questions
- Evidence of clear written, visual, and oral communications skills with diverse audiences
- Ability to prioritize, focus and achieve results in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment and adapt to changing situations and priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building high-functioning teams
- This position operates in a professional office environment located in Brooklyn, NY, and is currently hybrid, working 70% in the office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, laptops, tablets, smart phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other presentation equipment.
- While performing these duties, the employee is required to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting items (up to 20 pounds), bending, reaching, sitting for prolonged periods of time. Reasonable accommodations will be made for employees with disabilities or other needs per RFCUNY policies.
- Ability to travel to other sites as needed.
How to Apply
Provide a resume and cover letter specifying your qualifications, experience, and interest relevant to this position.
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people of any race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expressions, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, or protected veteran status to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. CUNY is an EEO/AA Employer.
$78,000.00 - $83,000.00
Jun 19, 2022 (Or Until Filled)