Children need to spend their most critical years with dedicated, educated, trained, and well-compensated individuals in order to thrive. The New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute leads the work to establish and implement an early childhood workforce system to ensure funding, standards and competencies, career development resources, qualifications and credentials, professional development (training and strengths-based coaching), and program quality assurance and improvement for individuals who work with young children throughout New York. Housed at the City University of New York, the Institute is a fast-paced, dynamic public/private partnership that is committed to the early childhood workforce across New York State.
The Institute is working with a team of City agencies to support the adoption of a new online attendance tracking system, CAPS Online, for child care programs and providers. The Institute creates and provides virtual training to programs and providers, as well as ACS staff. In addition, the Institute also provides technical assistance on how to use CAPS Online. We are looking for a full-time Project Coordinator to work with Institute staff and a team of trainers and technical assistance specialists to provide trainings, update training materials as the system’s functionality develops, craft and manage communications with project partners and system users, and work with the main Project Manager to facilitate the Institute’s deliverables and timeline. This position will report to the Deputy Executive Director and supervise a team of trainers and technical assistance specialists.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the day-to-day work of the Institute’s project team, working with trainers, technical assistance specialists, and senior management.
- Be an active and productive member of the multi-organization project team, including technical, training, system development, and communications workflows. Work closely with the main project manager to ensure that Institute roles and deliverables are being met.
- Provide accurate and timely data reports as work is completed in each workflow.
- Coordinate system testing with end users for new functionality as developed and provide feedback to agency partners.
- Supervise a staff of technical support specialists who provide technical assistance to system users via phone and email.
- Perform quality assurance tasks on technical assistance provided and share with staff.
- Identify emerging issues and share back with agency partners; help to develop immediate and long-term solutions.
Training Development and Implementation
- Supervise a training team that provides online trainings for child care programs and providers to use CAPS Online.
- With the training team, develop trainings for child care programs, providers, and agency staff as new system functionality is developed and launched.
- Work with trainers and project staff to keep training materials up-to-date and to develop new training materials (manuals, quick guides, short videos, etc.) as needed.
- Coordinate event registration and implementation with the team of trainers and Institute staff.
- Create and disseminate regular communications via email and text to system users, based on needs identified from training and technical assistance feedback, as well as from ACS communications
- Support ACS staff with content for ACS communications regarding CAPS Online
- Coordinate phone outreach efforts with the technical support staff
- Work with the Institute web and database team to provide content for the Institute website and training registration system.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years project management and coordination experience – managing work plans, timelines, and deliverables
- Experience with data tracking and reporting using Excel and/or other project management tools
- Experience developing trainings for adult learners on adopting new web-based technologies and systems, especially with an audience that has a range of comfort with technology
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social work/case management, human resources, or other related field
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills: the ability to summarize complex issues for different audiences of both internal and external stakeholders
- Disciplined and process-oriented approach to independent work
- Desire to contribute to project planning and effectively communicate priorities
- Strong ability to use technological tools and platforms to effectively manage complex data systems, including Microsoft Office (intermediate skill level using Excel)
- Innovative approach to work that incorporates flexibility and creative problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with competing and shifting priorities
- Experience with creating communications materials for the adoption of new technologies and online systems.
- Bilingual Spanish.
- Customer service experience.
- Master’s degree in business administration, social work/case management, human resources, or other related field
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position currently is a remote (work-from-home) position. Laptop and personal mobile device will be provided to support working remotely. The location of the position in the future may operate in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, laptops, tablets, smart phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other presentation materials. Reasonable accommodations will be made for employees with disabilities or other needs per RFCUNY policies.
- While performing these duties, the employee is required to occasionally perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting items (up to 30 pounds), bending, reaching, sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Some nights and weekend availability will be required.
How to Apply
Provide a resume and cover letter specifying your qualifications, experience, and interest relevant to this position
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people of any race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, or protected veteran status to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. CUNY is an EEO/AA Employer.
RFCUNY BenefitsRFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY’s principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
$65,000.00 - $70,000.00
May 10, 2022 (Or Until Filled)