Through its partnership with the City of New York, CUNY’s Building Performance Laboratory is hiring qualified energy management professionals to serve as on-site consultants and fill critical staffing capacity needs at the Department of Citywide Administrative Services’ (“DCAS”) Division of Energy Management (“DEM”). For background, DEM serves as the hub for energy management for City government operations. DEM develops the City’s annual Heat, Light, and Power Budget; manages the City’s electricity, natural gas, and steam accounts; helps agency partners identify and pursue energy-saving opportunities; does energy efficiency and clean power generation projects across the City’s portfolio; and implements operations and maintenance best practices. Specifically, DEM is tasked with leading the City’s efforts to reduce emissions from City government operations 40 percent by 2025, 50 percent by 2030, and 80 percent by 2050 from baseline.
For this specific role, on behalf of DEM, CUNY BPL seeks to hire one (1) Senior Energy Project Manager to advance implementation of energy efficiency projects. This role is specifically focused on the delivery of capital-funded energy efficiency projects under DEM’s Accelerated Conservation and Efficiency (“ACE”) Program.
Under this assignment, the person’s responsibilities may include the following:
- Performing project management for awarded projects
- Assists with tracking awarded projects, including maintaining current scopes of work and associated project costs and energy savings.
- Manages project-related documentation, including design documents, substantial completion forms, and costs documentation. Requests periodic project updates from agencies.
- Performing site visits to track agencies’ design and construction efforts and confirm that projects have been delivered as scoped.
- Verifying project close-out on an agency-by-agency basis.
- Ensuring project measurement and verification compliance, facilitates gathering of pre- and post- commissioning performance data in accordance with the project plan.
- Contributes to other work being advanced by the ACE Program Team and the Operations Unit as requested.
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills and experience to this position:
- A bachelor’s and ideally master’s degree in construction management, mechanical engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with technical project management operations, including project planning, scope development, design and construction management, and project close-out.
- At least five (5) years of experience in energy management, facilities management, commissioning, or mechanical construction project management.
- Experience with energy efficiency retrofit projects.
- Experience in recovery schedule preparation and analysis
- Knowledge of and experience with ASHRAE or AEE Procedures for Commercial Buildings Energy Audits.
- Knowledge of energy costs and billing, energy savings calculation methodology, and emissions calculations methodology.
- Familiarity with NYC electrical and energy codes.
- Familiarity with energy usage, energy cost savings, and avoided greenhouse gas emissions calculation methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proficient computer skills, including Microsoft applications.
- Commitment to customer service and demonstrated ability to effectively manage simultaneous projects.
- High level of productivity: able to meet and even exceed deadlines and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- A motor vehicle driver license valid in the State of New York.
CUNY Building Performance Lab
$77,921.00 - $90,000.00
Apr 18, 2021 (Or Until Filled)