Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Through its partnership with the City of New York, CUNY’s Building Performance Laboratory is hiring qualified energy management professionals to serve as on-site consultants and fill critical staffing capacity needs at the Department of Citywide Administrative Services’ (“DCAS”) Division of Energy Management (“DEM”). For background, DEM serves as the hub for energy management for City government operations. DEM develops the City’s annual Heat, Light, and Power Budget; manages the City’s electricity, natural gas, and steam accounts; helps agency partners identify and pursue energy-saving opportunities; does energy efficiency and clean power generation projects across the City’s portfolio; and implements operations and maintenance best practices. Specifically, DEM is tasked with leading the City’s efforts to reduce emissions from City government operations 40 percent by 2025, 50 percent by 2030, and 80 percent by 2050 from baseline.
For this specific role, on behalf of DEM, CUNY BPL seeks to hire a Senior Analyst, Business Systems to support the development of business systems, technology platforms, and data analysis processes that are required to effectively meet the City’s energy and emissions reductions mandates, including Local Law 97 of 2019. The person also will contribute to division-wide efforts to improve overall data collection, management, analysis, quality assurance, and reporting practices.
Under this assignment, the person’s responsibilities may include the following:
- Developing and validating business requirements, including through both quantitative analysis and stakeholder engagement.
- Documenting business requirements.
- Substantively contributing to division technology goals.
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills and experience to this position:
- A bachelor’s and ideally a master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, data analytics, operations research, or related.
- 3-5 years of experience developing business requirements or equivalent experience.
- Proven capacity to gather and write requirements and effectively present business concepts to technical audiences.
- Familiarity with the project delivery lifecycle and experience in working in Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Strong customer service focus and commitment to ensuring that products delivered meet business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to effectively engage and maintain strong working relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, including business and IT executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- High level of productivity: able to meet and even exceed deadlines and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Proven track record of completing projects within prescribed timelines and budgets.
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Visio, and Power Point, with demonstrated ability to prepare templates, charts, diagrams, and other visual tools in support of requirements-gathering and other communications.
- Project management or business analysis certification (i.e., Project Management Professional).
NYC residency may be required for continued employment
Immigration sponsorship is not available
CUNY Building Performance Lab
$75,504.00 - $97,138.00
May 11, 2022 (Or Until Filled)