Office of Academic Affairs - PDI
$72,000.00 - $75,000.00
Sep 10, 2019 (Or Until Filled)
All young children in New York should have access to the highest quality services across sectors, locations, and professions. The New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute, housed at the City University of New York, is a fast-paced, dynamic public/private partnership that exists to drive the excellence of services designed for young children through research, policy, and practice. The Institute is the implementing agency for QUALITYstarsNY.
QUALITYstarsNY is New York State’s voluntary 5-Star early childhood quality rating and improvement system. Since its inception, QUALITYstarsNY has focused its evidence-based practices to ensure that young children in participating programs have access to excellence and families can trust the level of quality in the program they choose. Assessment, coaching, professional development, and a wide range of resources are made available to each site, enabling QUALITYstarsNY to support early childhood programs to earn higher star ratings.
The Data and Rating Manager is responsible for providing key support to the implementation of the QUALITYstarsNY, New York State’s quality rating and improvement system. The Data and Rating Manager supervises the work of the rating team; coordinates documentation review, ratings and appeals processes; and ensures consistency and accuracy of ratings. With the support of the Director and/or the Assistant Director, the Data and Rating Manager leads the management of the database systems and reporting efforts, including ongoing planning and communication with the QUALITYstarsNY leadership team, to ensure deliverables are accurately executed and issues are resolved in a timely manner. The Data and Rating Manager acts as a thought partner to the Leadership team, helping to create data stories that enrich the understanding of the value of QUALITYstarsNY, leading the project’s use of data to measure progress and inform the development of project goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership & Supervision
- Provide leadership in the areas of efficiency of data systems, the QUALITYstarsNY database, and overall progress towards meeting project goals
- Build leadership team capacity for implementing the QUALITYstarsNY rating and quality improvement system and generating ideas for new applications for the use of data
- Facilitate weekly meetings with QUALITYstarsNY’s data management team to address issues and drive progress towards deliverables
- Support colleagues in their understanding and use of data for the project
- Supervise a team of Raters;
- Train Raters to inter-rater reliability;
- Provide training on using the data system to review documents and input data;
- Coordinate schedules and assign work, and
- Manage workflow and work output.
Database Management & Monitoring
- Responsible for the management of QUALITYstarsNY’s database and software systems
- Refine and maintain document review process and rating manual
- Build and run reports with consistency and accuracy related to statistical data, funding requirements, program goals, systems monitoring, and workflow
- Develop and maintain ongoing monitoring system for QUALITYstarsNY database and software platforms
- Generate potential new uses of data collection and analysis of data for this project
Communication & Partnerships
- Working with the communications and management staff, respond to the project data reporting needs for team members, funders, and project stakeholders, according to an annual schedule, as well as on an ad hoc basis
- Use communication platforms efficiently for ongoing interactions to provide technical assistance to team members and program participants, including follow up as needed
- Engage in building relationships with key stakeholders, representing and promoting the work of QUALITYstarsNY locally and across the state at various events, trainings, and meetings.
- Attend and contribute to project planning meetings and the development of the annual project calendar
- Maintain efficient and organized records and files as part of the administrative team
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s strongly preferred (education or information systems-related field)
- Minimum three-four years of experience in a senior leadership capacity, leading a project team
- Demonstrated project management skills, including managing multiple projects and timelines
- Advanced computer skills and experience using various software programs to run projects; experience with Zendesk a plus
- Extensive experience working with databases, ease and familiarity with pivot tables and data manipulation in MSExcel; experience developing and understanding data systems strongly preferred
- Data analysis and presentation skills, including defining what data analysis is required to answer specific program questions
- Evidence of clear written, visual, and oral communications skills with diverse audiences
- Ability to prioritize, focus and achieve results in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment and adapt to changing situations and priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building high-functioning teams
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Sense of humor
- Reflective nature
- Comfortable with competing and shifting priorities
- Sound judgment and decision making
- This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as conference/webinar software, personal computers, laptops, photocopiers, filing cabinets and presentation materials
- While performing these duties, the employee is required to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting items (up to 40 pounds), bending, reaching, sitting for prolonged periods of time, and repetitive motion (keyboarding).
- Ability to travel to various QUALITYstarsNY locations, and other agencies/partners locally and across the state as needed.
How to Apply
Please provide a resume and cover letter specifying your qualifications, experience, and interest relevant to this position.
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people of all race, color, religion, gender, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disabilities, age, or protected veteran status to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. CUNY is an EEO/AA Employer.