Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Grounded in the Liberal Arts tradition, the College of Staten Island is committed to the highest standards in teaching, research, and scholarship. Drawing on the rich heritage of The City University of New York that has provided access to excellence in higher education since 1847, the College of Staten Island offers that same opportunity in New York City’s Borough of Staten Island. The College is dedicated to helping its students fulfill their creative, aesthetic, and educational aspirations through competitive and rigorous undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs. We embrace the strength of our diversity, foster civic mindedness, and nurture responsible citizens for our city, country, and the world.
The Division of Economic Development, Continuing Studies, and Government Relations advances the College of Staten Island's position as a trusted community leader, partner, and valued resource by promoting civic prosperity through the realization of individual, community, regional, and global economic and social potential. The mission of the Division, consistent with the College's Strategic Plan, is to support and enhance economic growth and sustainability through higher education opportunity, human capital and talent development, applied research and innovation, entrepreneurship and business cultivation, and stewardship of place. The Division also generates needed resources to support and advance the College's overall Mission, Vision, and Values.
The College of Staten Island’s Technology Incubator is the first facility within the Borough designed specifically to foster and support technology start-up companies. As a member of the team, you will support our efforts to create a new tech-oriented community on State Island, bridging local entrepreneurs with greater New York City and global perspectives, to stimulate economic development and expansion. In support of tech start-up companies and commercialization of faculty research, the Incubator program is designed to nurture business ambitions in the world of technology to the point of actual business development through the use of shared resources, management expertise, and intellectual capital. The CSI Tech Incubator is also committed to providing tech and innovation programming for students and community members.
Reporting to the Director, the Program Assistant will be responsible for administrative duties that will support the Incubator’s daily activities. The program assistant is responsible for all functions related to business development, marketing, recruitment, education, and community engagement. The duties of the Program Assistant include but are not limited to general office duties and project-based work.
Job Duties Include:
- Assist in writing and editing communication materials for distribution via email and social media channels
- Assemble data and maintain databases
- Support our team with administrative tasks
- Support the marketing team
- Conduct partnership engagement research and communication tasks
- Serve as ambassador for the program
- Occasionally attend and provide support for events on evenings and weekends
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Expected to show initiative and meet deadlines
- Keen ability to work independently
- Ability to re-prioritize tasks and support teams based on changing needs
- Interest in digital media, social media, internet, software, and digital marketing.
- Time management skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask effectively
- Social media proficiency with focus on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with drag and drop design tools or willingness to learn
- Knowledge of technology incubation programs.
- Experience working with higher education institutions.
- Proficiency with videoconferencing tools and cloud storage systems
- Experience in any aspect of business development
CSI Tech Incubator
Jun 28, 2022 (Or Until Filled)