Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Timeline: Anticipated timeframe Jan 3rd – Feb 1st, 2021.
Approx. 76 hours needed total.
Hours are expected to be 19 hours per week.
The New York City Department of Small Business Services (SBS) helps unlock economic potential and create economic security for all New Yorkers by connecting New Yorkers to good jobs, creating stronger businesses, and building a fairer economy in neighborhoods across the five boroughs.
ABOUT THE WDC:
The WDC is an independent 501(c)(3) not-for-profit created by the City of New York (the “City”) specifically for the purpose of assisting the City in developing and funding workforce initiatives. In furtherance of this purpose, the WDC and SBS work in a partnership consisting of, among other things, jointly developing, funding and managing workforce and training initiatives, and resource sharing.
ABOUT THE TECH TALENT PIPELINE: The NYC Tech Talent Pipeline (TTP), an initiative of the WDC, is the City of New York’s tech Industry Partnership, launched in 2014 by Mayor Bill de Blasio to support the inclusive growth of the NYC tech sector and prepare New Yorkers for 21st century jobs. The NYC Tech Talent Pipeline works with 385+ companies, 17 local colleges, and additional public and private partners to define employer needs, develop training and education models to meet these needs, and scale solutions throughout the city, delivering quality talent for the city’s businesses and quality jobs for New Yorkers.
- Help students to break down the concepts they learned in class and deliver instruction to address individual’s skill gaps
- Support students with building group projects in class, and completing individual projects
- Assist students with online tutorials (such as Facebook's tic tac toe React project)
- Review and grade the assignment worked submitted by the students, including pre/post assessments & capstone projects
- If needed, help with designing assignment and updating curriculum
- Mastery of full-stack web (React, Node/Express), Postgres, Sequelize, and mobile technologies
- Mastery of Git and industry GitHub workflows
- Experience teaching or learning in an online environment
- Familiarity with security, Heroku/Surge, and Docker
- Prior experience working as a teaching assistant in CUNY or a Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2022 (Or Until Filled)