Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine ( example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Anticipated timeframe Jan 3rd – Feb 1st, 2022.
Approx. 120 hours needed total.
Hours are expected to be 30 hours per week.
ABOUT THE TECH TALENT PIPELINE:
The NYC Tech Talent Pipeline (TTP), an initiative of the WDC, is the City of New York’s tech Industry Partnership, launched in 2014 by Mayor Bill de Blasio to support the inclusive growth of the NYC tech sector and prepare New Yorkers for 21st century jobs. The NYC Tech Talent Pipeline works with 385+ companies, 17 local colleges, and additional public and private partners to define employer needs, develop training and education models to meet these needs, and scale solutions throughout the city, delivering quality talent for the city’s businesses and quality jobs for New Yorkers.
- Assist the Lead Instructor with teaching Web Development and is prepared to teach sections of the course in the event the lead instructor is absent
- Help the lead instructor with assigning and managing daily learning breakout groups
- Understand student group and individual needs and assign tutors accordingly
- Manage and answer daily help tickets during learning sessions and project sessions
- Track student academic performance and engage with students to help them successfully complete their training and work with the TAs to assign additional tutoring or modify the support hours to meet students needs
- Support students with building group projects in class, and completing individual projects
- Review and grade the assignment worked submitted by the students, including pre/post assessments & capstone projects
- Assist the lead instructor with designing assignment and updating curriculum
- Mastery of full stack web (React, Node/Express), Postgres, Sequelize, and mobile technologies
- Mastery of Git and industry GitHub workflows
- Experience teaching or learning in an online environment
- Familiarity with security, Heroku/Surge, and Docker
- Prior experience working as a teaching assistant in CUNY or a Bootcamp
Dec 17, 2021 (Or Until Filled)